Manager, Ad Operations & Yield (Mobile)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Business Development /
Maple Media is in the top 50 Mobile Publisher in the U.S. with a large audience across many formats; we're a top managed partner for Google, Amazon, Applovin and other leading ad tech companies. Advertising is a high priority for us, and a focus for engineers; ads is not in the backseat nor is it secondary to product. This role is a great way to transition from desktop focused ad ops (or yield ops) into the mobile industry; this is also the future and the area with the highest growth! With this role there are lots of upsides and growth opportunities as we have unoptimized properties and make new acquisitions where setup of ad monetization from scratch is required.
The right candidate for this role is familiar with mobile and desktop ad tech and operations, can work with product teams to get new ad networks live, optimize existing waterfalls and formats to maximize revenue, partner over the phone, email and Slack with account teams from the largest ad platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.), and learn and adapt quickly as we rapidly acquire and update new apps. This is also a highly analytical role, requiring significant attention to detail to identify opportunities and to inform optimizations. This role is a great fit for someone who is looking to work across a diverse collection of premium digital properties, have strategic oversight and ownership, expand their people management experience, and to become an even stronger expert in mobile and desktop ad tech.
About the role:
• Build: Set up new ad units and ad networks within our mediation stack.
• Execute: Work in lock step with our product, engineering and management team to advise on new ad networks, new ad formats, and to update and optimize all existing inventory.
• Test: Test and validate integrations in partnership with Product, Eng and QA teams.
• Partner: Collaborate on a daily basis with account teams from top digital ad platforms on the phone, slack and email to understand our performance, optimize our inventory and try new products.
• M&A: Help onboard newly acquired businesses to our portfolio and ad platform.
• Manage: Manage, mentor and train junior ad ops team members.
• Collaborate: Effectively work alongside fellow team members, 3rd party vendors, and clients to launch and optimize campaigns.
• Advise: Act as the ad tech point of contact for internal teams.
• Track Trends: Closely follow mobile ad tech news and updates, to keep up with a quickly changing and evolving ecosystem and to identify new opportunities; including beta products and new formats.
Desired skills and experience:
• 5 years of prior experience in an ad operations, yield operations and publisher (sell side) programmatic ad experience.
• Extensive experience setting up new desktop and mobile (SDK) ad network integrations, from evaluation of a new network, to working with developers and product teams, and getting the new ad network live.
• Prior experience with mobile and desktop ad platforms, including MoPub, Applovin MAX, Google Ads Manager, AdMob, Facebook Audience Network, Amazon TAM.
• Manage day to day and week to week relationships with key ad partners, including Twitter, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Snap and other major ad platform teams.
• Familiarity with all types of inventory and ad formats and typical CPMs, able to consult on what formats and what places and what networks create the highest revenue opportunity Ability to assess and optimize waterfalls.
• Familiarity with header bidding / advanced bidding technology, solutions and setup.
• Experience managing and training ad ops analysts.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and other data & analytics tools that relate to Ad Ops and campaign management.
• Proven characteristics of consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Motivated, energetic team player.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational capabilities, able to prioritize.
• Open to buy side candidates interested in learning sell side, or primarily desktop-focused candidates interested in diving into mobile.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the marketing team, including your potential peers and senior management. This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews may be held remotely or in person, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. We may follow up with a take home assignment that lets you show off your skillset. This exercise doesn’t require any prior company specific knowledge, should take no more than a few hours to complete and is representative of the work we do every day. We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast paced startup environment. We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact and trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know.
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $125,000 plus bonus opportunities and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level.