QA Analyst (Mobile)
Los Angeles, CA /
Maple Media is an innovative mobile media and technology company that acquires and operates category-leading apps that entertain, empower productivity, and enrich everyday life. We’re proud to boast a diverse portfolio of highly-rated, super-popular apps, (seriously—check out our ratings in the App Store & Google Play), which includes Editor’s Choice apps & games like Pic Stitch, Player FM, Dialog, SwiftScan, Stocks+, We Heart It, WeekCal & more.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans from Google and Jam City and based in Los Angeles and Quebec, Maple Media is no run-of-the-mill startup. We’re backed by a $30M investment from Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm with a rich history of investing in media, entertainment, and communications. With our resources and ambitious, collaborative team, we are positioned for incredible growth and opportunity.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, full benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours for better work/life balance, amazing colleagues, and an opportunity to shape our future—and yours.
Maple Media is currently looking for a Mobile QA Analyst to join our team to ensure overall quality of our applications. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, a strong commitment to quality and a passion for being a part of an organization that is creating a more rewarding online experience for millions of consumers.
As our Mobile QA Analyst, you will:
• Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing
• Be responsible for creating manual, and automated test cases for current and future products and features, using a variety of toolsets
• Provide status reports and metrics on test case execution and defects
• Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test cases and other QA assessments
• Work directly with appropriate personnel to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects
• Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression and system testing.
• Provide management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort
• Work with mobile product, and project managers to assure the appropriate level of quality for product releases
• Working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of quality
• Focus on Mobile application testing across all platforms
Skills and Experience Required:
• 2+ years of Mobile QA experience
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of defect tracking applications. Jira or equivalent
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities• Excellent communication skills with keen attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work well with product managers, project managers and developers in a cross functional team
• Creative and flexible is a must
• Ability to work independently
• Experience in testing 3rd party SDK's
Nice to have:
• Well versed in SQL to create data sets
• Agile Certification