Strategic Partnerships and Business Development Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States /
Business Development /
Maple Media is a rapidly growing business focused on creating premium, innovative experiences for world-class mobile apps across health & wellness, business productivity, podcasting, games, and additional verticals. This is an exciting time to join this growing business, and we are seeking a Strategic Partnerships and Business Development Sales Manager to develop new business sales, and growth strategies with partners, including new partnerships and bundles, and negotiate partnership deals across the Maple Media established and growing portfolio.
What’s so exciting about joining the Sales team at Maple Media right now?
•You’ll have real ownership over your area of expertise, to define strategy & process.
•You’ll get to work on and impact a diverse set of top-rated mobile apps & games.
•You’ll get to partner with bright & dynamic individuals who learn from and challenge each other (and make each other laugh).
About the role:
• Source and develop strategic partnerships and opportunities with the goal to generate increased revenues and extending distribution for our apps
• Execute and source direct sales opportunities (software sales/software for your phone)
• Manage our direct sales activity, which includes prospecting, pipelines, optimization, upselling, and renewals
• Ensure overall success for the team, specifically in executing key initiatives together with leadership
• This cross-functional role will work closely with internal and external teams to build and execute plans for the sales organization to meet its financial and strategic goals and to achieve consumer satisfaction
• Assesses new business opportunities for the sales team - evaluating strategic fit and industry competition
• Analyze and prioritize opportunity sizing and feasibility across projects and new initiatives
• Scope and support affiliate revenues
• Lead our internal direct sales channel enhancement by ideating and executing the creation of ad products, capabilities, and functionality that external clients desire
• Keep abreast of industry trends and formulate shifts in forward-looking strategy
• Work hand in hand with AdOps and Product to understand, track and pacing, options, deal terms, strategies for yield, pricing, and more
• Create revenue opportunities within our apps and across our other channels such as email, social
Desired skills and experience:
• Passion for mobile, mobile games, mobile ad tech, product management/development, and driving overall growth
• 3-5+ years of experience in business development, sales, and partnerships.
• Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, and mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large, and complex partners.
• Experience creating, researching, and assessing new business plans, including financial and operational viability, and have partnered to execute against them.
• Strong analytical skills able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectivesProven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Proven ability to develop relationships, negotiate and problem-solve with external partners.
• Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance.
• Strategic thinker and tactical executor able to shift from the big picture to detailed operations on a dime.
• Strong team player with an excellent track record of success in highly matrixed, fast-paced environments with changing priorities.
• Extensive database of senior-level contacts with the ability to prospect and network to open new relationships and opportunities.
• Creative, resourceful, highly organized, and able to prioritize workload; comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment.
• BA/BS required.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the team, including your potential peers and senior management.
This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews will be held remotely. We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast-paced startup environment.
We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact, and your trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know.
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $125,000 plus bonus opportunities and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level.