Growth Product Analyst
Product Management /
Maple Media is an innovative mobile media and technology company that acquires and operates category-leading apps that entertain, empower productivity, and enrich everyday life. We’re proud to boast a diverse portfolio of highly-rated, super-popular apps, (seriously—check out our ratings in the App Store and Google Play), which includes Editor’s Choice and Apple’s App of the Day apps and games like Pic Stitch, Player FM, Dialog, SwiftScan, Stocks+, We Heart It, WeekCal and more.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans from Google and Jam City and based in Los Angeles and Quebec, Maple Media is no run-of-the-mill startup. We’re backed by a $30M investment from Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm with a rich history of investing in media, entertainment, and communications. With our resources and ambitious, collaborative team, we are positioned for incredible growth and opportunity.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, full benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours for better work/life balance, amazing colleagues, and an opportunity to shape our future—and yours.
Maple Media is looking for a Growth Product Manager with experience in mobile Apps / Games to join our Los Angeles based team. This role is focused on developing and leading the monetization roadmap for our core offerings, while being a steward of long-term mobile growth and customer value.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience working on mobile apps / games, a track record of identifying and building programs to grow our userbase and product engagement around the world. This is a high visibility role on a strategic function in Maple Media's 2021 strategy, with large opportunities for role and team expansion, and exposure to the leadership team.
About our Product Team:
Our product managers typically are early startup employees or former consumer product founders Manage products that have multi-million user MAU and multi-million dollar annual revenuesCollaborate closely with expert engineering, design and marketing teams to drive product and revenue growthWork on a multiple diverse products to build pattern recognition and become a mobile app product and monetization expert.
About the role:
• Develop and drive the monetization growth strategy and roadmap.
• Use data models to identify key insights that unlock opportunities for further revenue and customer lifetime value growth.
• Analyze community-level trends on a global basis to identify areas of opportunity for further exploration
• Ideate and execute creative product and feature experiments to impact engagement and retention
• Present results, learnings, and recommendations based on program and campaign performance
• Partner with cross functional teams across Product, Marketing and Engineering to identify the prioritization and requirements needed to deliver on monetization roadmap and goals.
• Drive execution of core pricing/packaging, win back and upsell optimization strategies
• Support Maple Media team on developing clear communication to share results and best practices to wider partners and leadership teams
Desired skills and experience:
• You have managed the full life-cycle of core features of mobile products in the past and you probably have 5+ of professional product management experience ideally in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
• 3-5 years of experience in marketing, business strategy, software, high tech, or management consulting experience.
• Experience with mobile centric products or subscription businesses is required.
• You are comfortable designing and conducting user research and you know when small and qualitative research is ideal and when you need large and quantitative.
• Ability to tell data driven stories in a clear and concise narrative.
• Ability to rapidly assess a problem, define options, evaluate and execute to address critical business issues
• Demonstrated success in fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environments, rapidly anticipating and adapting to shifting priorities.
• You have experience implementing and operating growth-oriented tools and you can demonstrate how to drive product growth or impact other KPIs.
• You have strong analytics skills and are not afraid to learn or use new tools, write SQL in Periscope, dig through tickets in Zendesk, dig into some python code or do what ever else it takes for you to frame questions and get data quickly so you and your teams can better understand a problem and prioritize solutions.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the product team, including your potential peers and senior management. This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews may be held remotely or in person, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. We may follow up with a take home assignment that lets you show off your skillset. This exercise doesn’t require any prior company specific knowledge, should take no more than a few hours to complete and is representative of the work we do every day. We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast paced startup environment. We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact and trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What we offer:
Hybrid work environment: With a team spanning from Los Angeles to Quebec, and dotted across the globe, we offer remote work options—along with hybrid options for team members who live in the Los Angeles area.
Unlimited PTO: It’s important to take time to recharge. We understand that being relaxed, refreshed, and re-energized has positive effects on our minds and our work.
Health & Wellness Benefits: Health is wealth! We are pleased to offer a full range of benefits to support your physical and mental health, including OneMedical, Talkspace, Teledoc & more.
401(k) with 3.5% match: We are excited to provide a meaningful benefit to help you invest in your future.
Spot bonuses & performance bonuses: It’s simple: we value your work and effort and believe it should be acknowledged and rewarded.
Quarterly wellness & professional growth stipends: Team members can use at their discretion for anything wellness (gym membership, Peloton subscription, etc.) and professional growth-related.
Real-time performance feedback and coaching: We value being lifelong learners. Teammates are given hands-on feedback along with constructive coaching–we are always cheering you on.
Autonomy: Be the owner of your efforts. From day one you will be trusted to tackle your responsibilities independently and with real ownership.
A fun & dynamic team atmosphere: You will be surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable and fun people in the industry! We have weekly & monthly remote and in-person events to help us connect on a personal level outside of work.
What we look for:
Integrity: We aim for excellence in all that we do. We value trust, honesty and transparency across our flat organization.
Diversity: Let’s face it, all great minds don’t think alike. Our unique perspective shapes the diverse portfolio of products we design.
Innovation: We’re in the business of pushing limits and writing new roles for the subscription app economy and we thrive off of big ideas.
Curiosity: We believe that curious minds fuel innovation. We iterate on the way we work–we care more about the why, not the how.
Team oriented mindset: We believe everyone brings their unique gifts and talents to the table to build an amazing, diverse team full of different skill sets. We believe in cheering each other on, being there for help without question and endless encouragement.