Account Executive, Advertising Sales
Los Angeles, California, United States
Business Development /
Maple Media is a top mobile publisher in the U.S. with a large and engaged audience across our leading mobile app brands. In 2023, we're building our direct sold ads business and growing our sales team. Join us as we set out to be a top partner to agencies and brands seeking high quality, brand safe, viewable and trusted inventory that performs, outside of the programmatic ecosystem.
The right candidate for this role is familiar with mobile and desktop ad formats and deal structures, and has existing relationships with agencies and brands who are deploying media spend to drive awareness and performance for their products. This is an opportunity for someone who thrives in a quota carrying role, and is excited and ready to introduce our brands, audience and traditional display and brand integration ad products to their network of media buyers. Visit https://maplemedia.io/ to learn more about our company and our apps.
About the role:
• Help lead the company in direct sales and partnerships efforts across our finance, travel, health, lifestyle, podcast and business audience verticals
• Generate new direct sold business, which includes prospecting, building pipeline, upselling, and renewals
• Help develop our brand integrated campaigns that go beyond traditional display media, including custom native, push, in-app, social and email brand integrations
• Create a go to market plan and collaborate with design and marketing to create compelling sales materials
• Assist with digital rate card negotiations and high-level meeting/calls throughout the sales process
• Work hand in hand with AdOps, Product and Account Management to understand, track and pacing, options, deal terms, strategies for yield, pricing and more
• Maintain and grow high level external agency/client relationships
• Create revenue opportunities within our apps and across our other channels such as email, social
Desired skills and experience:
• 5-10 years of prior experience in digital media sales, account strategy or account management experience with a track record of closing deals and achieving a multi-million dollar annual quota.
• Exceptional communication, storytelling and relationship building skills, with the ability to understand client goals and match them with our solutions
• Proven characteristics of consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Motivated, positive, and energetic team player.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational capabilities, able to ruthlessly prioritize.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the marketing team, including your potential peers and senior management. This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews may be held remotely or in person, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. We may follow up with a take home assignment that lets you show off your skillset. This exercise doesn’t require any prior company specific knowledge, should take no more than a few hours to complete and is representative of the work we do every day. We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast paced startup environment. We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact and trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know.
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $150,000 base salary per year, plus bonus/commission opportunities and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level.