Senior Product Manager, Mobile Apps
Los Angeles, California, United States /
Product Management /
About our Product Team: Our product managers are typically early startup employees, or former consumer product founders who have managed products with multi-million user MAU and multi-million dollar annual revenues. Our product team collaborates closely with expert engineering, design and marketing teams to drive product and revenue growth. We work on a diverse product portfolio to build pattern recognition and become mobile app product and monetization experts.
A few examples of your tasks and responsibilities:
• Have ownership of several products in our portfolio, including the product roadmap, sprint planning, revenue modeling and resourcing decisions
• Work closely with senior leadership to continually refine our long-term product strategy across the portfolio
• Independently set and execute against a product roadmap
• Collaborate with our team of designers and front end / back end developers to drive measurable performance
• Work closely with the product management team to implement best practices, and processes based on your experience
Desired skills and experience:
• 7-10+ years of experience in a product management role, or as a part of a product organization, especially in mobile app product management (marketing / business background only should not apply), or in a general product management role
• Ability to work with tech, design, QA, support, revenue and management teams to build and ship great products, experience operating in an agile environment a plus
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to drive alignment and execution from a team, both in person and in collaborating with remote team members
• Startup mindset, passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment
• Deep understanding of product metrics and KPIs, able to implement a product analytics strategy and use data to drive product decision making
• Knowledge and experience using mobile app analytics platforms, tools and services such as Firebase, Flurry, Fabric and workflow and platform tools including Slack, JIRA, App Store Connect and the Google Play Developer console.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the product team, including your potential peers and senior management. This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews may be held remotely or in person, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. We may follow up with a take home assignment that lets you show off your skillset. This exercise doesn’t require any prior company specific knowledge, should take no more than a few hours to complete and is representative of the work we do every day.
We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast paced startup environment. We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact and trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $175,000 plus bonus opportunities and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level.