Senior Product Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States /
Product Management /
This is a remote role within the Los Angeles area.
Maple Media is an innovative mobile media and technology company that acquires and operates category-leading apps that entertain, empower productivity, and enrich everyday life. We’re proud to boast a diverse portfolio of highly-rated, super-popular apps, (seriously—check out our ratings in the App Store and Google Play), which includes Editor’s Choice and Apple’s App of the Day apps and games like Pic Stitch, Player FM, Dialog, SwiftScan, Stocks+, We Heart It, WeekCal and more.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans from Google and Jam City and based in Los Angeles and Quebec, Maple Media is no run-of-the-mill startup. We’re backed by a $30M investment from Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm with a rich history of investing in media, entertainment, and communications. With our resources and ambitious, collaborative team, we are positioned for incredible growth and opportunity.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, full benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours for better work/life balance, amazing colleagues, and an opportunity to shape our future—and yours.
About our Product Team: Our product managers are typically early startup employees, or former consumer product founders who have managed products with multi-million user MAU and multi-million dollar annual revenues. Our product team collaborates closely with expert engineering, design and marketing teams to drive product and revenue growth. We work on a diverse product portfolio to build pattern recognition and become mobile app product and monetization experts.
A few examples of your tasks and responsibilities:
• Have ownership of several products in our portfolio, including the product roadmap, sprint planning, revenue modeling and resourcing decisions
• Work closely with senior leadership to continually refine our long-term product strategy across the portfolio
• Independently set and execute against a product roadmap
• Collaborate with our team of designers and front end / back end developers to drive measurable performance
• Work closely with the product management team to implement best practices, and processes based on your experience
Desired skills and experience:
• 7-10+ years of experience in a product management role, or as a part of a product organization, especially in mobile app product management (marketing / business background only should not apply), or in a general product management role
• Ability to work with tech, design, QA, support, revenue and management teams to build and ship great products, experience operating in an agile environment a plus
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to drive alignment and execution from a team, both in person and in collaborating with remote team members
• Startup mindset, passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment
• Deep understanding of product metrics and KPIs, able to implement a product analytics strategy and use data to drive product decision making
• Knowledge and experience using mobile app analytics platforms, tools and services such as Firebase, Flurry, Fabric and workflow and platform tools including Slack, JIRA, App Store Connect and the Google Play Developer console.
The Recruiting Process:
After the initial screening process with our recruiting team and the hiring manager, we’ll invite you to 2-3 interviews with other members of the product team, including your potential peers and senior management. This is an opportunity to get to know each other and identify if the role is aligned with your skillset and career goals. Typically, candidates we move forward with understand their career goals and have spent a few minutes reviewing our products and the caliber of our team on LinkedIn to get a sense of who we are and what we do.
The interviews may be held remotely or in person, and include some behavioral and problem-solving questions. We may follow up with a take home assignment that lets you show off your skillset. This exercise doesn’t require any prior company specific knowledge, should take no more than a few hours to complete and is representative of the work we do every day.
We also typically check 1-2 references from former managers to hear about your impact firsthand from someone you’ve worked with, especially to confirm fit with our culture and ability to drive impact in a fast paced startup environment. We also will make time for any and all questions you have about the role, your impact and trajectory, should you join our team.
Maple Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What we offer:
Hybrid work environment: With a team spanning from Los Angeles to Quebec, and dotted across the globe, we offer remote work options—along with hybrid options for team members who live in the Los Angeles area.
Unlimited PTO: It’s important to take time to recharge. We understand that being relaxed, refreshed, and re-energized has positive effects on our minds and our work.
Health & Wellness Benefits: Health is wealth! We are pleased to offer a full range of benefits to support your physical and mental health, including OneMedical, Talkspace, Teledoc & more.
401(k) with 3.5% match: We are excited to provide a meaningful benefit to help you invest in your future.
Spot bonuses & performance bonuses: It’s simple: we value your work and effort and believe it should be acknowledged and rewarded.
Quarterly wellness & professional growth stipends: Team members can use at their discretion for anything wellness (gym membership, Peloton subscription, etc.) and professional growth-related.
Real-time performance feedback and coaching: We value being lifelong learners. Teammates are given hands-on feedback along with constructive coaching–we are always cheering you on.
Autonomy: Be the owner of your efforts. From day one you will be trusted to tackle your responsibilities independently and with real ownership.
A fun & dynamic team atmosphere: You will be surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable and fun people in the industry! We have weekly & monthly remote and in-person events to help us connect on a personal level outside of work.
What we look for:
Integrity: We aim for excellence in all that we do. We value trust, honesty and transparency across our flat organization.
Diversity: Let’s face it, all great minds don’t think alike. Our unique perspective shapes the diverse portfolio of products we design.
Innovation: We’re in the business of pushing limits and writing new roles for the subscription app economy and we thrive off of big ideas.
Curiosity: We believe that curious minds fuel innovation. We iterate on the way we work–we care more about the why, not the how.
Team oriented mindset: We believe everyone brings their unique gifts and talents to the table to build an amazing, diverse team full of different skill sets. We believe in cheering each other on, being there for help without question and endless encouragement.