Product Support Engineer
GTM – Customer Experience /
Material Security is seeking a highly empathetic and detail-oriented Product Specialist. The right candidate excels at investigating complex problems and possesses excellent technical writing skills. As a Product Specialist, you will play a crucial role in improving our customer experience through your deep understanding of our product and your ability to effectively communicate and partner with Engineering, Product, and Design to address customer-reported issues and drive overall product improvements.
If you are passionate about investigating complex problems, possess excellent technical writing skills, and thrive in a customer-focused environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Conduct deep investigations of customer-reported issues, utilizing asynchronous communication methods as well as videoconferencing and screen sharing.
- Shape the future of the team and our company by helping us build new, effective and sustainable post-sales customer experiences.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with our key customer stakeholders who primarily come from security engineering and compliance backgrounds.
- Connect UI observations to issues in the product code base, developing a strong understanding of how the product works.
- Write complex SQL queries and leverage logging tools like Sentry or Datadog to troubleshoot and diagnose product issues.
- Collaborate closely with our broader Customer Experience and EPD teams to effectively address customer issues and provide valuable insights for product and process improvement.
- Lead the creation of internal-only and customer-facing technical documentation, including written guides and video/screen captures.
- Manage outbound customer communication during product incidents and outages.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a security, product, support or analytics engineer working with SaaS applications.
- A growth mindset: You’re excited about the opportunity to be part of a new team that will help define the future of our customer experience.
- A successful history of investigating and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Demonstrated success influencing cross-functional teams.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to create clear and concise documentation both written and visual.
- Demonstrated experience writing complex queries for logging tools like Sentry or Datadog.
- Proficiency in connecting UI observations to underlying code issues in Python and/or Typescript.
- A solid understanding of SQL and ability to write and interpret complex queries.
- A willingness to participate in an on-call rotation for overnight and weekend issue triage
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Single Sign-On, and RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience managing or deploying Google Cloud Services.
- Experience as a founding team member or team leader.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.
Compensation at Material Security is determined by a range of factors, including but not limited to the individual’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. The projected compensation range for this position is $100,000 to $160,000. The projected salary range is just one component of Material Security’s total compensation package for employees.