Redwood City, CA (Remote) /
EPD – Engineering /
As a Software Engineer at Material Security, you'll be part of an early, remote first, fast-growing team of experienced, world-class engineers, working to protect our users and their privacy (e.g inboxes from breaches, targeted phishing, fraud, and lateral account takeover). Your mission is to build creative solutions to unsolved email security problems and robust, performant infrastructure on top of systems such as Gmail and O365.
- Ship high-impact features or projects (in collaboration with product, design, and security) while leveraging modern frameworks and tooling.
- Triage and address production issues with an eye towards maintainability and automation - take ownership of shipped code.
- Contribute to great engineering culture through active participation and mentorship.
What we're looking for
- Technical Ability: Solid software engineering fundamentals, raw coding ability, and problem-solving ability are key. Ideal candidates are prolific but careful coders in at least one mainstream language and have the ability to easily pick up new ones (i.e. Typescript). They can quickly identify the best ways to tackle challenging problems while explaining their decisions to teammates.
- Technical Maturity: Our engineering team punches above its weight because everyone can write very high-quality code without too much oversight. The foresight to understand what risks we should/should-not take is crucial to reliably ship production code.
- Ownership: We love engineers who deeply care about the impact of their work and find satisfaction in a job well done. Strong ownership starts before the first line of code (is this the right approach?) and continues after the last commit is merged (now that we've shipped, how is this behaving in prod?).
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard-working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.
By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.