Senior Software Engineer in Test
Redwood City, CA (Remote) /
EPD – Engineering /
Material’s customers trust our products to protect their most important data. This requires our quality bar to be absolutely world-class.
As a Senior SET (Software Engineer in Test) at Material Security, own our end-to-end develop/build/deploy lifecycle. Lead the development and growth of the culture, processes, and automations, and tooling necessary to ensure Material efficiently ships reliable, bug-free code.
- Own and mature our manual testing process to both increase confidence while being efficient.
- Develop automating testing goals and help us get there (unit, regression, integration, diagnostics, etc).
- Drive the cultural / process / tooling improvements necessary to make it easy to write and maintain tests. Partner with Engineering to make this successful.
What We're Looking For
- Coding Chops: The best SETs can identify untestable code and intelligently advocate for better styles. They’re comfortable building tooling/automation and can contribute code to our CI/CD systems.
- Manual QA: Experience running and managing manual QA processes.
- Automation: Experience automating testing in various ways (unit, integration, frontend, etc).
- Communication: Our ideal candidate can communicate well and manage work across different teams.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.
By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.