Sr Product Designer - Remote
Medal.tv – Product /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every day. Our mission is to connect people by creating memories while they are physically apart!
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer highly competitive compensation (salary and equity) that is location and level-based.
As a key hire in Medal’s design organization, you will have the opportunity to build upon the success of our products, take them to new heights and build new ones.
As Senior Product Designer, you will be a key contributor to the growth, innovation, and continued improvement of Medal. You have multi-faceted experiences in Product, UX research, UX/Experience Design, and Visual Interface Design across the web and native mobile platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Fully immerse yourself into Medal’s Recorder, Editor and Social features to roll out a new and improved product experience.
- Work side-by-side with Product and Engineering to design new products and iterate on existing products, delivering best-in-class experiences, user research, and prototyping for our desktop, web, and mobile apps.
- Communicate with Medal’s users to intimately understand and translate their wants and needs into meaningful products and experiences
- Build and test prototypes early and often to validate and communicate ideas and gain new insights along the way, translating winning prototypes and validated ideas into successful designs
- Understand product and business objectives and use data to iterate and inform the design and product decisions
- Contribute to and help shape the product roadmap, both short term, and long-term
- Create designs that are beautiful, consistent, and pointed to as a great example of a best-in-class digital experience, across the social and gaming industry and beyond.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years of Design and UX experience within high traffic digital consumer products (100,000+ visitors per day), preferably in gaming, video, search/discovery or social
- A passion for and strong understanding of online communities and gaming culture
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles and product thinking.
- Skilled using Figma
- Strong user empathy — you love engaging with users and communities and have experience conducting your own user research
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You thrive when tackling ambiguous challenges and are tenacious when facing setbacks. You're able to ruthlessly prioritize and work efficiently under pressure and demanding timelines
- You're excited to implement design best practices and processes at Medal and able to make decisions and progress with limited direction, resources or data
- Strong collaboration skills and can collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Understanding the principles of CSS and how it impacts your designs. Being familiar with engineering processes and how your designs translate to code is a strong plus
- Passion. You love both designing and developing UIs with functional UX in mind. You have an interest in user psychology and accessibility
- Relevant Experience. You've should have at least 3 years of design experience. Gaming industry experience is a plus
- Gaming. You enjoy playing games and understand gaming culture and communities
- Empathy. You are empathetic for users, team-mates, and the company as a whole
- Communication and Collaboration. You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Drive. You're diligent, energetic, and tirelessly persevere through adversity until the job is done
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!