Technical Support Specialist
Medal.tv – Customer Support /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
As a Technical Support member, you will be responsible for handling front-line, inbound support requests from our users. These support requests are related to a wide variety of support issues across the Medal.tv platform (desktop, mobile, web).
- Triage and resolve user issues across multiple channels
- Work with members from our other teams to resolve user issues
- Provides accurate and timely documenting of problems, notes, and resolutions for all incidents
- Investigate and follow up on inquiries, responding and resolving in the most efficient manner possible
- Communicate and escalate critical issues to ensure visibility among our engineering teams
- Be proactive in creating resources for users to resolve common questions and issues.
- Understand the ins and outs of the Medal platform and have been an active user of it
- Proficiency with troubleshooting in Windows
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively in an incredibly fast-paced work environment, i.e; not letting tasks pile up, staying ahead of our planned release schedules, or in-case support issues arise
- Ability to take ownership of projects, be very pro-active and work at a high capacity with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively in fluent English, both written and verbally, with customers as well as with internal engineers
- Have a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills – not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoy it!
- Able to deal with user issues over a range of channels
- Proficiency with the Apple and Android platforms
- Proficient at writing copy for support articles.
- Experience managing Discord servers
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Experience with ticketing systems like Freshdesk
- Savvy to the direction of the gaming and content creation industry
- This is an hourly contractor position, starting out with 40-hour weeks during training and may vary based on volume.
- Your shift will most likely be 8 hours within the time range: 07:00 and 17:00 PST. Workdays will include weekend work.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!