Social Media Manager
Medal.tv – Growth & Partnerships /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
Would you like to be an instrumental part in building up the largest gaming community in a rapidly growing startup? We're looking for a Social Media Manager who wants to be part of this incredible opportunity. You're expected to be the face of our community and very hands-on with building out and executing the necessary strategies to hit this scale.
Long term, our goal for you is to help establish a brand voice through our social media platforms, help our marketing and growth team execute on strategies and campaigns and establish and execute social engagement and growth plans.
You will work closely with our growth and marketing teams and be an instrumental part of growing Medal, through both internal and external social and marketing strategies, to be one of the largest social gaming communities in the world.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Implement social media strategy and coordinate daily content calendar projects including copywriting, asset coordination, posting across Medal's social media channels.
- Establish and execute a social media plan to engage with and build our current community and build excitement from within.
- Establish and execute an external community plan to grow our social reach and attract people to the Medal platform.
- Work closely with our growth team on growth related campaigns to boost reach.
- Create blog and social posts related to new features, updates, campaigns and more.
- Submit and creative briefs and asset requests to ensure seamless execution of launches, events and projects.
- Be proactive in engaging our community on the Medal platform, Discord and social media and establishing yourself as the "face" of the Medal community.
- Keep up with and stay ahead of social media trends, and insights from the industry. Communicate learnings with the wider team to help direct brand voice.
- Keep a close pulse on our community to liaise important learnings and support issues with the wider team.
- Love for games and the gaming community.
- We look for growth mindset > experience.
- A history of being pro-active and solutions-oriented.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of meme culture.
- Ability to self manage and work autonomously.
- Knowledge on how to use all social media platforms, including analytical reviews.
- A strong pulse on trends within the gaming and content creation community and the ability to set AND stay ahead of them, especially the largest on Medal (Fortnite, Roblox, Valorant, Minecraft, etc.)
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with tight deadlines across several teams.
- Degree or relevant Social Media Management or Community Management experience within the gaming industry.
- Strong gaming industry connections.
- Proficiency and understanding of the mobile gaming community.
- Experience working in a start up and remote environment.
- A history of content creation within various gaming communities.
- Include your best meme in the application.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!