Sr Fullstack or Frontend Engineer (Payments) - Remote
Top.gg – Engineering /
At Top.gg, we are here to make the metaverse accessible. Join us to build the #1 platform for communities and creators to be discovered, empower them, and accelerate their growth. We are the largest search and discovery platform for Discord! Hundreds of thousands use our platform to find communities and integrations every day.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed over perfection.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (8:00 am through 11:00 am PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level based.
Check out our stack here.
Simplicity is a key challenge for a search and discovery platform, we’re looking for someone who can make it beautiful and accessible for any modern device. Together with a team of talented individuals, you will own the implementation of our design.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing creative and innovative user experiences using modern browser technologies and techniques. Your job includes working closely with Product Management to understand and clarify requirements, working closely with our UX Design team to vet proposals from a technical feasibility perspective. You will work closely with the entire engineering team to execute on major deliverables. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. You are an experienced front-end software engineer and a self-starter who is excited to work on cloud scale software.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Prior experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release)
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs
- Proficient designing and building highly available, resilient large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Results oriented
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Helping lead and make front-end architecture decisions
- Identify and drive changes as needed for assigned codebase, product area and/or systems.
- Implementing creative and innovative user experiences using modern browser technologies.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Reporting directly to the CTO
- Interest in learning web3 and blockchain technologies
- Chakra UI
- Framer Motion
- Next JS and/or expressJS
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, include some examples of designs or websites you've worked on and a description of your professional experience. If you've done any open source work you can include your GitHub profile, but this is not expected.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!
Top.gg Core Values
Always be on top of your game.
No matter the size of the task, we commit to excellence. We care about the quality of our work, the people with whom we work, and the people who benefit from our work.
Our users come first.
Top.gg succeeds by putting online communities and creators first. We have a deep sense of responsibility towards our users. Each part of the ecosystem matters — we always ask ourselves "Is this good for communities as a whole?" and "Is this good for our top.gg community?". We proactively engage with our community and acknowledge downsides and trade-offs while seeking creative solutions.
Be ahead of the curve.
We push beyond the boundaries to shape the future of online communities together — from everything we build to how we work with one another. We challenge ourselves by taking intelligent risks and bold bets. We innovate by thinking globally one step at a time. We learn as fast as we build and approach challenges with passion and a growth mindset.
Diversity, equity and inclusion matter.
We believe people with a diverse* set of backgrounds, mindsets, and experiences working together create better outcomes. New ideas come from diverse ways of seeing things. We commit to engage in an equitable process to ensure that people with marginalized identities have the opportunity to grow, contribute, and develop — regardless of their identity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and welcome.
Innovate as a team.
We believe in honest and constructive communication and treating each other with respect. We openly share ideas and feedback without hesitation. When we disagree with a decision, we respectfully challenge the idea or approach, not the person. We work together to find solutions grounded in empathy.
We focus on impact and deliver results as a team. We favor progress, learning and speed over perfection and have fun together along the way. We celebrate failures and mistakes as learning opportunities.
*This includes diversity of race, color, belief system, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, academic background, socio-economic background, geographic background, or other qualities that make us, us.