Support Associate - Remote
Top.gg – Community/Support /
At Top.gg, we are here to make the metaverse accessible. Join us to build the #1 platform for communities and creators to be discovered, empower them, and accelerate their growth. We are the largest search and discovery platform for Discord! Hundreds of thousands use our platform to find communities and integrations every day.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed over perfection.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs. The exact times and days vary per team.
Check out our stack here.
Top.gg’s team is growing quickly and we have an exciting, ambitious roadmap ahead of us. As our first Support Associate, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats in our support team as we grow and scale our company.
Your responsibilities are focused on providing support and customer service for Top.gg’s users and customers by resolving tickets and providing support across different channels, moderating and reviewing content and creating documentation. You’ll be managed directly by our Community Operations Manager and work closely with cross-functional teams to help us grow and scale the Top.gg community and keep it running smoothly.
Empathy, communication, collaboration and prioritization will be key to succeed in this role. If you’re a highly self-driven, organized, and collaborative team player that has a get-stuff-done attitude and can juggle many projects at once, come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Triage and resolve incoming tickets, responding and resolving in the most efficient manner possible, and tackling them in order of priority. Respond to support tickets and requests via Freshdesk, Discord, Twitter, Reddit, and other platforms.
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to our engineering team, to final resolution
- Provide specialized support for our advertising customers who use our Auctions product
- Assist with moderation in our Discord Server and moderation of content and entities across Top.gg. Today, entities include Discord Bots and Discord Servers.
- Assist with reviewing and approving Discord Bots that are submitted to Top.gg’s platform
- Be proactive in creating resources for users to resolve common questions and issues, creating internal documentation and guidelines and writing external support articles
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree OR 2 years of customer support experience OR relevant support experience
- Very strong communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively in fluent English, both written and verbally, with customers as well as with internal stakeholders. Other languages are a bonus!
- Exceptional customer service, collaboration, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to empathize with users and communicate effectively, specifically the ability to communicate technical information in an accessible manner to non-technical users
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with different tools such as Zendesk/Freshdesk, Discord and Twitter
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- A positive attitude, excellent collaboration, and ability to work and have fun under pressure
- Experience working with remote teams and willingness to work across time zones
- Passion for communities, creators, and Top.gg and strong knowledge of Discord bots and servers
- Bonus: Experience with moderating or managing Discord Servers; Developed your own Discord Bot
- This is an hourly contractor position, starting out with 40-hour weeks during training and may vary based on volume.
- Your shift will most likely be 8 hours within a mutually agreed upon time range. Workdays will include weekend work. Ideally, candidates will work 5 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (with Wednesday and Sunday off)
- Due to the hours needed for this work schedule, we have a strong preference for candidates based in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!
Top.gg Core Values
Always be on top of your game.
No matter the size of the task, we commit to excellence. We care about the quality of our work, the people with whom we work, and the people who benefit from our work.
Our users come first.
Top.gg succeeds by putting online communities and creators first. We have a deep sense of responsibility towards our users. Each part of the ecosystem matters — we always ask ourselves "Is this good for communities as a whole?" and "Is this good for our top.gg community?". We proactively engage with our community and acknowledge downsides and trade-offs while seeking creative solutions.
Be ahead of the curve.
We push beyond the boundaries to shape the future of online communities together — from everything we build to how we work with one another. We challenge ourselves by taking intelligent risks and bold bets. We innovate by thinking globally one step at a time. We learn as fast as we build and approach challenges with passion and a growth mindset.
Diversity, equity and inclusion matter.
We believe people with a diverse* set of backgrounds, mindsets, and experiences working together create better outcomes. New ideas come from diverse ways of seeing things. We commit to engage in an equitable process to ensure that people with marginalized identities have the opportunity to grow, contribute, and develop — regardless of their identity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and welcome.
Innovate as a team.
We believe in honest and constructive communication and treating each other with respect. We openly share ideas and feedback without hesitation. When we disagree with a decision, we respectfully challenge the idea or approach, not the person. We work together to find solutions grounded in empathy.
We focus on impact and deliver results as a team. We favor progress, learning and speed over perfection and have fun together along the way. We celebrate failures and mistakes as learning opportunities.
*This includes diversity of race, color, belief system, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, academic background, socio-economic background, geographic background, or other qualities that make us, us.