Data Engineer/Scientist - Remote
Medal.tv – Engineering /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
Everything we do at Medal is in some way influenced by data; Product direction, new features, user content feeds. Everything is based on collecting the data necessary and creating feedback loops where we create, collect, analyze, and repeat.
We're looking to expand the team with someone who has experience setting up data pipelines and can help us make sense of what is happening on the platform, and make sure we serve users the content they like. The job will be a mix of collecting and processing data and helping analyze it to discover product opportunities.
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience working with big datasets
- The ability to set up and help run the infrastructure needed to process data
- Experience with SQL or other query languages
- Knows at least one typical backend programming language well
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to work proactively and collaborate with colleagues across cross-functional teams
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoying it!
- Java, Python, Terraform and/or Saltstack
- Amplitude or similar business intelligence platforms
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!