Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
Medal is currently growing 100% organically already, and retention is high. You are joining as an accelerator, not as someone who is in charge of creating growth in the first place.
You will work directly with the executive team to do experiments, both internally and externally with game developers and game communities. We will seek out opportunities that create both certain incremental growth and uncertain exponential growth. We will not work on larger projects, but rather the biggest short-term gains for growth.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Have a detailed understanding of the games industry on both mobile and PC
- Take ownership and set metrics and goals
- Deep experience with product analytics at scale (e.g. SQL, Mixpanel, Amplitude)
- Have a technical background similar to that of a full-stack engineer as you will work across the stack
ADDITIONALLY, WE NEED YOU TO
- Enjoy dogfooding what you are working on to understand the ins, outs and value of the Medal platform
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoying it!
- Overseeing end-to-end growth experiments design, build, QA, and release
- Prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be entrepreneurial & team player, with an enthusiasm for early-stage startups and high speed
- Startup experience: technical founder/co-founder, growth, or data roles
- Experience in data analysis (running split tests, developing metrics, optimize data collection)
- Experience with Discord
- Desktop/Web: React, Electron, C# and C++
- Mobile: Swift, Objective C, Java, Kotlin
- Backend: REST, Java, Cloudflare, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Fastly
- Analytics: Mixpanel
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)