Senior Android Engineer - Remote
Medal.tv – Mobile /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every day. Our mission is to connect people by creating memories while they are physically apart!
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer highly competitive compensation (salary and equity) that is location and level-based.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You'll be joining our small, tight-knit mobile apps team to help define the future of our Android app. Mobile is an important part of Medal's ecosystem, which means we are able to work with a lot of autonomy. It also means our team is often the one to experiment and try new things, so there's never a shortage of new features or projects to take on.
We are looking for someone who is able to work independently and take ownership of the features they work on. Strong communication skills are also very important, as we collaborate daily both within the team as well across teams via Slack, Clubhouse, meetings, and PR reviews.
We are building a world-class Android engineering team with diversified skills and backgrounds, and are excited to find someone who can help us continue to grow.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of latest experience on Android development using Kotlin.
- Strong understanding of Android fundamentals and architecture components. (Data binding, Room, LiveData, ViewModel, Navigation, Coroutine, WorkManager, etc.)
- Strong debugging and profiling skills.
- Experience with Dependency Injection (Dagger, Koin, Hilt, etc.)
- Experience shipping and maintaining large scale Android apps.
- Ability to work autonomously and balance multiple tasks at once.
- You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Experience with various Android media interfaces in video and audio.
- Experience with hardware-dependent optimizations and NDK.
- Experience building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline.
- A passion for gaming, game communities, or a willingness to learn about the space.
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions.
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!