Sr Full-Stack Engineer (Special Projects)- Remote
Medal.tv – Engineering /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
You'll be working with a talented remote team of engineers with a history of working with large-scale applications. Your work will be used by millions of people around the world and help create new experiences for the next generation of gamers. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users by building high-quality features that our creators love.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Medal products like Payments + Subscriptions, and Cloud Clipping.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Complete medium to large features (each with many tasks) independently without guidance.
- Identify and drive changes as needed for assigned codebase, product area and/or systems.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with Electron, React and Redux is strongly preferred
- Experience with React Native is a nice to have
- The team consists of folks who love gaming. If you aren't interested in gaming, this may not be the best fit.
- Previous experience utilizing payment services APIs (ideally FinTech) like Xsolla, Stripe or Braintree
- Desktop/Web: React, Electron, Redux
- Mobile: React Native
- Backend: REST, Java, Cloudflare, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Fastly
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!