Top.gg – Engineering /
Top.gg is the largest search and discovery platform for Discord! Millions of users use our platform to find communities to take part in from a catalog containing hundreds of thousands of total integrations and communities.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
Performance and reliability are key indicators of a great search and discovery experience for users all around the globe. We focus on building the most accessible search and discovery experience for gaming. Top.gg usage generates a lot of data. You will be instrumental in using this data to make the game and community discovery as simple and accurate as possible. Together with the team, you will ship product improvements and new features to Top.gg. Your target audience is not only the end-user, your systems will be used in integrations onto the platform by third-party developers through our public API.
- Being able to write well-structured microservices
- Two or more years of C# experience
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working on them in a production environment
- Understanding of interfacing with PostgreSQL
- Oral and written communications skills
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- You love what you do!
- Distributed Systems architecture
- ASP.NET Core
- Entity Framework Core
- You love gaming communities and love to see them grow!
If you are curious about what technologies we work with platform-wide please see our stackshare!
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please include some examples of systems you've worked on and a description of your professional experience. If you've done any open source work you can include your GitHub profile, but this is not expected.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!