Senior Full-Stack Engineer - New York City
New York City
Medal.tv – Engineering /
This role is not restricted to one of our core teams but instead is tied to the demands of our platform growth and creators for special projects and features. You will iterate quickly and see which features stick. You'll work with several parts of the stack and work directly with leadership and our community to ship features regularly. Our stack includes React, Electron, C#, and Java. We don't expect experience with all of these, but we do expect you to be able to learn quickly and pick up what you need to know. The majority of work will be in React and our Electron app.
You'll be working with a talented team of engineers with a history of working with large-scale applications. Your work will be used by millions of people around the world and help create new experiences for the next generation of gamers. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users by building high-quality features that our creators love.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Ownership & attention to detail: You enjoy making things that are a pleasure to use
- Performance is key: Excellent understanding of code performance and performance implications in production
- Be result-driven: Everything we do is driven by the metrics and performance of the feature. We move fast and ship regularly.
- Execution: Experience shipping features or products with many users
- Electron, React, Redux, & other modern web-based technologies
- C# and C++ for native windows recording & more
- Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android
- Java, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes for backend
- Terraform, Salt, GitHub Actions, CircleCI for IaC and CI/CD
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Experience with various parts of our stack
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience working on gaming related projects
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $140,000 and $200,000 per year. However, base pay may vary further depending on individualized factors for candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.