Senior Full-Stack Engineer: Special Projects
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
This role is not tied directly to one of our core teams, but instead is tied to the demands of our platform growth and creators for special projects and features. You'll iterate quickly and see which features stick. Think building special dashboards, helping out a team that needs extra help to hit a deadline, helping junior engineers debug low level issues, and being able to identify and deploy fixes for production bugs or performance bottlenecks.
You'll touch many parts of the stack and work directly with creators and the executive team to ship things. Our stack includes React, React Native, Electron, GCS, AWS, C#, and Java. We don't expect experience with all of these, but we do expect you to be able to learn quickly and pick up what you need to know. The majority of work will be in React.
You'll be working with a great distributed engineering team with a history of working with large-scale web applications. Your work will be used by millions of gamers around the world and inspire the next generation of gamers.
You will be working on helping us scale the platform to 100 million users by building features that our creators love.
- Know React: You'll spend most of your time in React
- Excellent understanding of code performance in production
- Attention to detail: You should enjoy making things look and feel really nice
- Shipped full-stack features or products with many concurrent users
- Be very metric-driven: Everything we do is driven by metrics
- Experience in gaming or being a gamer
- Understanding Discord as a platform really well
- Experience with Google Cloud and/or AWS
- Experience with Electron and/or React Native
- Experience with C# and/or Java
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)