Technical Support Lead
Medal.tv – Customer Support /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
As the Technical Support Lead, you are the front person for the Support team and the liaison between Support, Leadership, Product, Engineering, and Growth. The salary range depends on experience and location. You will be responsible for heading a team that handles front-line, inbound support requests from our users, and creating proactive solutions for questions our users might have before they even think of them.
These support requests are related to a wide variety of support issues across the Medal.tv platform (desktop, mobile, web).
- You are the manager of the support team.
- You'll handle a large amount of incoming user requests and be proactive in helping the broader team to resolve any issues.
- Provide accurate and timely documenting of problems, notes, and resolutions for all incidents
- Communicate and escalate critical issues to ensure visibility among our engineering teams
- Be proactive in creating resources for users to resolve common questions and issues.
- Run support meetings, standup, 1-on-1s, and be available to answer questions from team members.
- Ensure nobody on your team is blocked, and if they are, communicate with teams + individuals required to unblock
- Address complaints and concerns and relay them to your manager.
- Handle time-off requests and manage the support team's schedule.
- Display a strength in interpersonal communication skills with the ability to motivate teams and individuals.
- Understand the ins and outs of the Medal platform and have been an active user of it.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting in Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively in an incredibly fast-paced work environment, i.e; not letting tasks pile up, staying ahead of our planned release schedules, or in-case support issues arise.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to delegate tasks and see that they're completed in accordance with tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, be very pro-active, and work at a high capacity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in fluent English, both written and verbally, with customers as well as with internal engineers
- Have a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills – not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoy it!
- Able to deal with user issues over a range of channels.
ENSURE THE WELL-BEING OF OUR USERS
- Know exactly what frustrates our users and how to best help them in need.
- Lead and assist where necessary and be the bridge between engineering teams and our support team.
- Ensure quality of the product by continuously sharing information with the engineering and product teams.
- Proficient at writing copy for support articles.
- Experience managing Discord servers.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Experience with ticketing systems like Freshdesk.
- Savvy to the direction of the gaming and content creation industry.
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!