Medal.tv – Growth & Partnerships /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
You will be working with a talented remote team of engineers with a history of working with large-scale applications. Your work will be used by millions of people around the world and help create new experiences for the next generation of gamers. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users by building high quality features that our creators love.
As a Growth Marketing Engineer you will be a part of the Growth Team and be working closely with our Gaming Partnership Managers to create tools that help us grow and improve the operational efficiency for partnerships with influencers and companies on our platform and track conversions of campaigns and contests. Other responsibilities include being in charge of longer-term projects like creating an affiliate portal helping us reach more influencers than ever before, improving our SEO and marketing initiatives.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Building an Affiliate Portal
- Improving Medal.tv SEO ranking
- Working with Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads, and tracking conversions of people who see our search ads and perform a specific action.
- Performing data analysis on ad campaigns and contests to understand how we can improve conversion
- Maintain Content Management System (CMS), building pages for contests.
- Experience with React and NodeJS
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel)
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it but genuinely enjoying it!
- Prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively
- Communication and Collaboration. You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Performance is key. Excellent understanding of code performance and performance implications in production
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- Quick learner. You are able to pick up new tools/technologies at a fast pace
- Be result-driven. Everything we do is driven by the metrics and performance of the feature. We move fast and ship regularly. Assess releases and use relevant data for following up with them
- SEO Experience
- Experience with conversion tracking tools like GTM
- Experience with Payment Systems. You will be responsible for implementing a provider that allows us to pay partners quickly
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience in data analysis (running split tests, developing metrics, optimize data collection)
- Desktop/Web: React, Electron, C# and C++
- Mobile: Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android
- Backend: Java, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes
- Analytics: Amplitude
- Terraform, Salt, GitHub Actions, CircleCI for IaC and CI/CD
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!