People Operations Manager
Medal.tv – Operations /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
Would you like to be an instrumental part in building out the largest fully remote consumer gaming tech startup? We're looking for a People Operations Manager who wants to be part of this incredible opportunity. You will be part of strategizing and guide the employee’s lifecycle journey within our teams. You will work closely with the CEO, COO, and the rest of the operations team to help execute the people’s systems and processes, including onboarding/offboarding, benefits, compensation, compliance, performance management and leading people engagement for a growing global team of team members.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Guide people operations with a progress not perfection mentality while building people systems and procesess to scale.
- Strategize and develop a fair and transparent global compensation practices to remain competitive in hiring and retention.
- Drive benefit management including managing the process as well as adapting our benefits to the market and the needs of our employees and contractors.
- Develop and support the onboarding/offboarding process to ensure a successful employee and contractor experience while eliminating blockers.
- Consulting and advising on people, procedures and policies with all levels of the organization.
- Identify and deliver thoughtful selection and implementation of process improvements, new tools and systems needed to scale as well as providing daily operational support.
- Continually evolve the remote work employee engagement, performance management initiatives, productivity and communication to build a thoughtful inclusive culture.
- This role is both very strategic and hands on.
- 3+ years of experience in a people operations role
- Knowledge of HR systems
- Understanding of legal and compliance requirements
- Dealing with ambiguity and being adaptable
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Be forward thinking and solution oriented
- Not afraid to put your toe in
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create processes, workflow efficiency across multiple platforms
- Attention to detail
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Experience with various parts of our stack
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience working on gaming related projects
- Gusto/Remote.com: payroll, contractor payments, and benefits
- CultureAmp: onboarding, performance and engagement surveys
- Notion: team collaboration
- Slack: team wide communication
- Gsuite: external communication
- Dropbox: file sharing
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO NOW
- We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to relevant work you’ve done or been a part of
- Links to any online profiles (LinkedIn, Twitch, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!