VP of Finance
Medal.tv – Finance /
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
We are excited to bring on a new finance leader to build and own our financial operations. Ideally, you have experience working at rapidly growing, consumer-facing technology startups.
You will have a huge impact on the business operations and work closely with C-Suite leadership to ensure we are able to meet our obligations and plan for our future. You will lead our financial department which currently consists of a bookkeeper and a Finance and Operations manager in the Netherlands, and outsourced accounting and controller resources in the United States.
Your work will span both high-level financial strategy as well as the hands-on nitty-gritty day-to-day finance operations. Since we are a startup you will wear a lot of hats in the accounting and finance domain, so you should be eager to take on and improve our processes. The ability to identify and implement best practices is highly valued at Medal.tv.
We are based in the United States and in The Netherlands, so you should ideally be comfortable with accounting and finance norms in both jurisdictions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the entire finance operation at Medal both for both our US and Dutch subsidiaries
- Own financial planning and analysis to support our evolving business strategies and growth. Collaborate with Operations, Monetization, Growth, and other GTM functions to support growth targets.
- Execute consumer business models at a fiscal/financial level including setting up the right scalable systems for recurring revenue streams, refunds, tax compliance, etc.
- Collaborate closely with C-Suite leadership to assist in fundraising processes and M&A processes, including managing the process timeline, due diligence, financial modeling, etc
- Own and manage the cap table (via Carta), including administration of ongoing option grants, pro forma analysis in support of strategy, fundraising, M&A, etc.
- Design and implement a system for content creators that ensure they are compensated fairly and keeps us compliant with local regulation
- Manage all aspects of FP&A such as monthly Budget vs. Actual, Forecasting, and Analysis processes to support the needs of the company and maintain high precision and accuracy
- Manage all accounting and finance operations including, A/R and A/P; review monthly financial statements and assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly closes.
- Own tax oversight and filings by third-party services; find and manage appropriate tax services/advice as dictated by sales and operations growth
- Oversee corporate management functions including legal, licenses, registrations, financial audits, and corporate compliance.
- Own banking, credit card management, asset management, and cash flow planning.
THE SKILLSET YOU’LL BRING
- 8+ years of experience in financial management, including financial planning and analysis, accounting, and cash management.
- Experience at owning finance at a rapidly growing, consumer-facing startup, including managing cap tables, supporting fundraising and M&A with relevant analysis
- Strong financial and accounting background, including a deep understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Strong financial modeling and forecasting skills, i.e. ability to create accurate, highly efficient and scalable financial models in Excel
- Strong experience with either US and Dutch accounting and finance norms. Familiarity with both US GAAP and IFRS / Dutch GAAP is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of VAT/Sales tax and proven ability to execute the finance aspects of consumer internet business models
- Experience collaborating closely with C-suite leadership to meet high-level financial goals
- Ability to effectively build and maintain cross-functional relationships to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion
- Openness and ability to function both at a strategic and hands-on level as needed in our finance operations
- Bonus: A passion for gaming and gaming communities
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!