Austin, TX /
Membersy, trusted by over 5,000 practices nationwide, is making dental care more accessible by connecting patients with affordable care while giving providers the tools, technology, and support they need to launch and grow a dental membership plan.
Since 2015, Membersy has been at the forefront of positive change in the way patients access quality and affordable dental care, while simultaneously creating a model for dental providers to control the pricing narrative and lessen their reliance on insurance carriers.
Our vision is to create a world where the quality of care people receive isn’t determined by their insurance coverage. And we’d like your help.
About the Position
We’re looking for a highly motivated and collaborative software engineer to join Membersy’s Engineering team.
This is your chance to help us build the next generation of our platform from the ground up. You will work closely with Engineering and Product leadership to make architectural decisions that scale for our growing user base. You will work on our platform with the responsibility of following and refining best coding practices for our microservice cloud SaaS. In the process, you will collaborate with other software engineers and ensure that they implement to our standards. #LI-Remote
As a Software Engineer at Membersy, you will:
- Work closely with the rest of the team in an Agile environment to engineer well-engineered, scalable solutions to meet our healthcare partner and member needs
- Mentor and support junior engineers both local and remote in sustainable software engineering practices
- Collaborate with peers in code review and provide actionable advice to help your peers get things done
- Be a thought leader on the team, advocating best practices across engineering; security, testing, and maintainability
- Contribute in an environment promoting continuous improvement through inspection and adaptation in both process and technologies
- Stay plugged in to emerging technologies and industry trends to promote growth for you and your team
Requirements we are looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns and object-oriented design principles
- Experience with payment processors such as Stripe
- Understanding of security best practices
- 6+ years writing highly scalable web-based applications
- 4+ years experience with PHP (Laravel or Symfony)
- 4+ years experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- 4+ years building and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with Agile and Scrum practices and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States without employer sponsorship
Nice to have qualifications:
- 2+ years experience developing using Docker
- 2+ years CI/CD pipeline experience
- 2+ years with NoSQL (Redis preferred)
- Experience deploying production workloads to Kubernetes
Perks & Benefits
- Employer-sponsored medical, vision, dental, and disability benefits
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Participation in Membersy's equity program
- Flexible PTO, paid parental leave and company holidays
- A beautiful office with a fully stocked kitchen and company sponsored lunches
- Awesome company events: sports games, happy hours, volunteer initiatives and much more
Membersy is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are open to all backgrounds and never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.