Toronto, Ontario /
Client Experience – Solutions /
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
In your role as an Implementation Specialist you will be responsible for implementing a high quality, high impact solution that drives value realization and business success across your client portfolio. In this role you will combine a deep understanding for the client with the possibilities that the Mercatus software solution provides. Your voice matters, so exhibiting effective communication skills at all levels across the organization is paramount. We would love for you to be part of our team!
If you are an individual committed to building and nurturing strong client relationships then, you would be delighted to join our team of brilliant, collaborative and passionate people. If you're driven to solve problems, establish yourself as a trusted adviser and not shy of taking on a challenge; Mercatus is for you!
What You'll Do
- Implement, Execute and Support a solution that exceeds client expectations
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Mercatus platform to both external and internal project teams
- Provide regular updates on project activity progress and risk mitigation recommendations
- Review key project milestones and recommend adjustments as needed concerning client business priorities
- Liaison with Solution Architect, Development and Product teams in planning, configuration and execution of in-scope and/or road-map activities that drive an optimal client solution
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions
- Drive project success by effectively executing in scope requirements and needs of the client
- Prepare and deliver key project reports and assessments
- Assist Application Support team in the issue triage process
- Prioritize, schedule and review activities of the Mercatus Client QA vendor
- Act as an initial escalation point for technical questions during solution implementation
- Utilize time-tracking tools to help drive resource planning activities
- Assist in the creation/maintenance of best practices to ensure efficient, reusable and measurable processes are produced by the team
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Mercatus Delivery Methodology
What You Bring
- Ability to strategize, communicate and present information effectively
- Knowledge of various software delivery methodologies
- Ability to communicate professionally; verbal, both one-on-one and with a group, and written
- Skills at interfacing across the organization and removing obstacles for project success
- Ability to accept criticism, feedback, and input from others
- Experience with estimation methodologies and processes and the ability to estimate project work
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage many simultaneous priorities
- Knowledge of Enterprise SaaS/software solution
- Knowledge of the Mercatus solution offering (an asset)
- Understanding of software, services contracts and agreements
- Prior experience with e-commerce (an asset)
- Understanding of grocery and/or retail industry (an asset)
- Industry expertise relevant to Mercatus clients (an asset)
What You'll Use
- SQL (preferably MySQL)
- Strong understanding of web-based applications
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- APIs (Knowledge of how to consume APIs and how they are used in software)
- Browser Debugging and Inspection tools
- Search Technologies (preferably Solr)
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around.
Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better, people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Mercatus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. Please consider applying even if you don't meet all of the qualifications listed above but are excited to contribute to our dynamic team. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.