Application Support Analyst
Toronto, Ontario /
Client Experience – Support /
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
As part of the Client Success Department, the Support Analyst is responsible for providing technical support to Mercatus clients. Key responsibilities include analysis, debugging and resolution of issues that clients have with the Mercatus software solution.
What You'll Do
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support inquiries and requests
- Offer enterprise level technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Expected to be an expert member of the technical support team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues, with a primary focus to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues.
- Maintain up to date support case records and customer information by utilizing our Customer Support Management System (Zendesk)
- Conduct root cause analysis and correlation of other system and/or application problems
- Conduct routine audits as outlined by the Manager of Application Support
- Assess support inquiries in order to identify whether issues are system or user-related
- Communicate with clients via a support portal in order to optimize issue resolution
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in determining qualified system issues.
- Ensure client requests are acknowledged and resolved within service level agreement times
- Keep clients up to date regarding tickets pending confirmation when applicable
- Work closely with various departments in order to ensure solution resolution and excellent customer service for clients
- Acquire, maintain and apply detailed knowledge of the Mercatus product offering
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to move issues through the software release process
- Maintain a consistent number of closed tickets and target client satisfaction scores
- Support the Marketing and Client Success Management team by improving client reference-ability for potential referral and new business opportunities (establish + strengthen client relationships)
- Assist in continually improving the Mercatus Implementation Methodology & Support Experience (process improvement + increased efficiencies)
What You Bring
- 2-5 years of web application, technical support, or quality assurance experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and make an informed decision
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent priorities to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simplify and present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Results-driven with a proven ability to project a positive attitude
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Proficiency with Linux command-line tools and concepts
- Troubleshooting experience of mobile and web-based applications
- Basic knowledge of AWS, cloud-computing services and infrastructure
- Experience with, JIRA, Confluence, Splunk or similar
- Strong knowledge of Zendesk and related tools
- E-commerce support experience preferred
- Ability to produce technical and functional documentation
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around.
Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better, people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Mercatus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. Please consider applying even if you don't meet all of the qualifications listed above but are excited to contribute to our dynamic team. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.