Toronto, Ontario /
Client Experience – Delivery /
Who We Are
Mercatus helps leading grocers get Back in Charge of their eCommerce experience, empowering them to deliver exceptional retailer-branded, end-to-end online shopping, from store to door. Our expansive network of more than 50 integration partners allows grocers to work with their partners of choice, on their terms. Together, we enable clients to create authentic digital shopping experiences with solutions to drive shopper engagement, grow share of wallet and achieve profitability, while quickly adapting to changes in customer behavior. The Mercatus Digital Commerce platform is used by leading North American retailers, including Weis Markets, Save Mart brands, Brookshire’s Grocery Company, Kowalski’s Markets, WinCo Foods, Smart & Final, Stater Bros. Markets and others.
As a member of the Client Experience team, you will work closely with a portfolio of retailers and serve as their biggest advocate and primary point of contact. You are responsible for overall client health, managing the client journey and fostering ongoing adoption. A Program Manager creates value for the client through the ability to build productive relationships, identify business needs and solve client problems. You will be instrumental in reporting status and ensuring alignment between many stakeholders across multiple areas of the organization while also managing all aspects of the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
What You'll Do
- Be the leading client advocate for a portfolio of assigned retailers - build solid relationships with key stakeholders within Mercatus and foster relationships with the client for successful support.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client business objectives and act as their account point of contact
- Own the client lifecycle journey model (commencing from onboarding through to renewal)
- Evaluate program effectiveness with ongoing metrics analysis and provide improvement recommendations using practical business cases
- Develop and present quarterly priorities for visibility and feedback alongside the management team
- Construct strategies to manage and scale client relationships to maximize growth, ensure retention and deliver quickly to market
- Optimize the implementation process to ensure effective onboarding and project delivery
- Collaborate with teams cross functionally through the delivery of valuable client feedback to support product enhancements and account renewal
- Work with teams cross functionally to drive client value, adoption, maturity and growth through our technology
- Work closely with Finance to ensure accurate revenue recognition and timely invoicing
- Remain in touch with industry/market dynamics
What You Bring
- 5-7 years proven experience in Project Management and/or Customer Relationship Management
- Experience with technologically complex accounts
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with Tier 1 or Tier 2 grocery retailers (nice to have)
- Strong customer-facing experience with exceptional relationship and trust-building skills
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple complex accounts and work with various points of contact internal and external including third party partners, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, business sponsors, executive sponsors, etc.
- Have solid experience in effectively identify risks and mitigate customer churn
- Be able to identify revenue growth opportunities
- Competency in SalesForce and Smartsheet
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation & employee stock option plans
- 100% company-paid benefits plan (Health, Dental, and Drug)
- Team Udemy account
- Lifestyle & Wellness spending account
- Home internet reimbursement
- Home office reimbursement
- Employee Referral program
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 100 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around.
Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better, people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Mercatus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. Please consider applying even if you don't meet all of the qualifications listed above but are excited to contribute to our dynamic team. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.