Head of Marketing
Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company. With a focus on blockchain, we build games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative story franchise IPs. We are a remote-first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs that include key founding members from Twitch, as well as Emmy and Peabody Award winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci-fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, video, NFTs, and other media formats.
We’re looking for an experienced marketer who is interested in gaming and blockchain to lead the Marketing team at Metatheory. This is a director level role reporting to the CEO. This person will work closely with the management team to understand their business goals and priorities, partner with these leaders to design and implement creative marketing strategies in support of those goals, and collaborate with the broader team to oversee the execution of these strategies and campaigns. This is an ideal role for gaming/crypto-native professionals with a background in integrated marketing, a strong command of how to leverage paid, owned and earned media in support of growth, and a history of success conceiving of and managing headline-making marketing campaigns.
- Develop creative concepts, campaigns, and strategies for Marketing and Game / Product launches of all sizes
- Manage all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord, Telegram
- Collaborate with the management team to review marketing data and strategize how to adjust our creative and messaging to achieve the best results
- Serve as primary marketing liaison to internal business leads to understand growth objectives and business strategy
- Create reports and presentations to communicate marketing strategies, tactics, and performance metrics
- Hire and develop the marketing team
- Collaborate with the design / creative teams to ensure marketing and advertising campaigns are compelling, aligned with our brand and art styles, and driving our KPIs
- Oversee design, development, and measurement of marketing and creative for PC/MAC and mobile platforms including: NFT collections, games (including trailers and App Store videos), social and viral content across multiple platforms, and more!
- 8+ years experience with integrated marketing campaigns to support growth
- Experience building the Marketing function and managing cross-functional teams
- Prior working experience in the gaming industry, including leading global game launches
- Knowledgeable (or at least strong interest) in blockchain technology, NFTs, and cryptocurrencies
- Hands-on experience implementing customer acquisition strategies through both organic and performance media
- Experience managing company social media platforms
- Demonstrated success running SEO / growth campaigns within timeline and budget
- Fluency and comfort with data analysis and basic modeling to monitor and measure impact, and continuously refine the marketing strategy
- Experience developing and managing budgets (for team, marketing initiatives, ad spend, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working with executives to external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in high-growth environments
- Adept at communicating with peers and executives
- Experience in and tolerance for high-growth environments
- Superior writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong personal and team leadership traits
- Inclusive, affable mindset with high EQ
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment with a globally distributed team. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.
Metatheory is committed to fair and equitable compensation for all of our employees. The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $200,000 annually plus equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and specific work location.
We were founded to challenge the ways that we all relate to games and storytelling, and in doing so change how we relate to each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a culture of safety and belonging from how we hire to how we build communities.
Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, but feel you could add a valuable perspective to our organization, we’d still love to hear from you!