Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility /
People & Culture /
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a Recruitment Associate committed to building a robust pipeline of talented, dynamic and diverse candidates. We believe we’re only as good as our people – and your invitation is this: to help us in building teams committed to social change. Our clients’ missions – whether global nonprofits or the biggest names in Democratic politics – are transformative, and causes as urgent and important as those that need support from talented, hungry people. Help us find them, by developing and deploying the right strategies. Be the person who finds the people who help us accomplish more for our partners and progressive causes than ever before.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Working with the recruitment team to maintain a sustainable sourcing and recruitment strategy to build high quality and diverse candidate pools;
- Ensuring a positive experience for all candidates;
- Writing and posting job descriptions on an ongoing basis;
- Staying up-to-date with current recruiting methods;
- Evaluating and screening resumes and cover letters;
- Communicating and executing on follow-up items with recruiting partners;
- Scheduling hiring manager interviews, preparing interview materials, and managing candidate communication;
- Maintaining job and candidate data in applicant tracking system and supporting with pulling reports;
- Providing administrative support;
- Collaborating with the recruitment team to brainstorm and research new and creative ways to recruit;
- Performing reference checks;
- Assisting with identifying issues affecting recruitment activities to continuously improve the process.
- Passion and dedication to good causes – be they in Democratic politics or other;
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and customer service skills;
- Strong listening, communication, organizational and time management skills;
- Willingness to take initiative and use good judgment to resolve issues;
- Eagerness to create a positive candidate experience for everyone who takes the time to express interest in our community;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps;
- Must be deadline oriented and able to identify and address obstacles quickly and efficiently.
- Proven work experience as a recruiting coordinator or recruiter;
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!