Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility /
Data Science /
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a Product Manager to transform millions of data points into unparalleled opportunities – supporting everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change and hunger. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good. In the last 12 months, we’ve launched AdvantageAI, a lead generation co-op for nonprofits and campaigns that is outperforming other growth sources. With this and so much more, we’re just getting started. You’ll work with a team of analysts and data scientists developing first-of-their-kind strategies and creating transformational new products. Join us. Let’s go.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap. You will facilitate the creation of an explicit vision and strategy for our products, as well as a high level roadmap. You will ensure that engineering and other teams have clear prioritization and resourcing. You will organize and focus the creativity of our team into concrete action.
- Owning the business success of the AdvantageAI product. You will be responsible for the holistic success of the AdvantageAI product.
- Ensuring the client’s voice and perspective are represented. The product manager will be cheerfully obsessed with our political and nonprofit target audiences and focused on identifying how our product can improve fundraising.
- Engaging clients in the prioritization and roadmap process. You will leverage product metrics and client interactions to ensure that we identify the areas of greatest impact for clients in the product roadmap.
- Creating a context in which all strategy decisions are empirically driven. You will have the ability to turn data into insights, identifying metrics for every major aspect of the product operation, empowering MissionWired to build the right thing and be responsive to changes in the environment.
- Ensuring that roadmap prioritization supports MissionWired’s financial objectives. The product manager will manage the product explicitly to achieve MissionWired’s revenue goals.
- Setting the tone for inclusivity. Creating a culture of inclusion is not just the right thing to do – it will make AdvantageAI a better product. In an inclusive environment, we generate more and better ideas, and everyone’s work benefits from a shared strategy.
- A strong track record of driving successful product outcomes;
- Experience working with diverse cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to leverage Big Data to solve client problems;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- A background in related industry sectors;
- Experience in building data- and/or machine learning-based products;
- Experience in coding and/or analytics.
Salary floor for this role is $90,000+ per year, commensurate with experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!