Senior Software Engineer
Austin, TX or Remote /
Modern is a seed-stage defense-first AI company that is creating One AI for Defense. We build modular and compositional AI products that span the gulf between raw sensor data as inputs, and GUIs and COPs for output.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer who has broad experience across algorithms, UI, and translating higher-level specs into detailed work plans. You will work with the team on many different aspects of our core products, take point on integrating with external APIs and software solutions, and assist with product customization and deployment. Your work environment will have the magic mix of autonomy and independence in how you work, and the highly collaborative nature of a small, fast-paced team environment. As an early hire, you’ll have the opportunity and active encouragement to influence the direction of product and feature development, and to grow into larger roles, or potentially other disciplines, as the company expands. And as a Modern employee, you’ll be helping create products that provide enormous benefit to the American warfighter.
- Strong background in Python. Strong background in C++ also preferred.
- 3+ years of experience required
- Experience interfacing with pre-existing UIs. Ideally this would include DoD UIs such as ATAK.
- Experience writing parsers for various data types
- Must be very comfortable with Linux and virtualization
- the Defense space
- Hardware integrations
- Creating products based on AI models
Preferred: experience in one or more of
- $160k - $220k plus equity, depending on experience
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid relocation
- Company gym membership
- Free lunch every day
This role requires US citizenship due to federal contracting guidelines.