Senior Hardware Integrations Engineer
Austin, TX or Remote /
Modern is a seed-stage defense-first AI company that is creating One AI for Defense. We build modular and compositional AI products that span the gulf between raw sensor data as inputs, and GUIs and COPs for output.
We are seeking a talented Hardware Integrations Engineer who has experience with military / DoD hardware and protocols. You will lead our integrations efforts, assist with the development of our hardware abstraction layers and related solutions, and take point on live hardware integrations during demos and exercises. Your work environment will have the magic mix of autonomy and independence in how you work, and the highly collaborative nature of a small, fast-paced team environment. As an early hire, you’ll have the opportunity and active encouragement to influence the direction of product and feature development, and to grow into larger roles, or potentially other disciplines, as the company expands. And as a Modern employee, you’ll be helping create products that provide enormous benefit to the American warfighter.
- Strong background in Python. Strong background in C++ also preferred.
- Experience with DoD hardware integrations required, in areas such as EO/IR sensors, radars, radios, acoustic sensors, RF transceivers, etc. 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Practical experience exploring the limitations provided by hardware utilized and/or accompanying software, to maximize efficacy of its utilization, and operating for this eventuality. (E.g.: restricting outputs to conserve bandwidth, bypassing proprietary interfaces, etc.)
- Preferred experience working with edge compute platforms such as the nVidia Jetson or Intel NUC
- $170k - $240k plus equity, depending on experience
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid relocation
- Company gym membership
- Free lunch every day
This role requires US citizenship due to federal contracting guidelines.