Senior Project Engineer
Austin, TX /
Construction Operations /
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
Mosaic’s general contracting advantage is premised on recreating construction methods for building homes and leveraging cutting-edge technologies. To deliver on that objective we are focused on ensuring consistency, communications, and ownership across our construction teams.. The Senior Project Engineer will play a key role in Mosaic’s goal of disrupting the home building sector and will be responsible for overseeing operating processes, ensuring that all staff members perform their duties to a high standard, managing the needs of our clients and improving current processes and procedures. In addition to assisting with all aspects of Marks Systems, ITK, and QuickBase reporting, this position will assist the assigned Project Managers and Senior Project Manager in special duties as needed. This role, and it's going-forward adaptations, will be central to delivering on Mosaic’s Trade Base obligations and as such, we believe that the Senior Project Engineer will be well positioned to advance in the company. Mosaic’s construction obligations will keep growing and compounding as we expand our platform across the market, state, and country and the Senior Project Engineer will directly contribute to the growth of our portfolio of communities.
*The Senior Project Engineer is a hybrid in office / on-site position.
*The Senior Project Engineer must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Strong leaders with a values-based commitment to continuous improvement – able to develop and foster engagement in direct reports / colleagues
- Tech savvy - comfortable with data analysis and using technology to simplify work processes
- Demonstrate a strong sense of business acumen
- Operate with humility - able to make mistakes learn from them and move forward
- Team players
- Dependable, reliable, and highly organized
- Customer service oriented
- Deadline driven with an acute focus on goal setting and prioritization
Key Responsibilities - General Role Duties:
- Assist the Regional Director of Operations in all start-up activities in the assigned market
- Assist external partners with access to Mosaic Pay, Hypervision, and Builder Portal
- Participate in all City Pre-Con meetings on site to take minutes and understand what the city inspectors’ needs are and assist with the Project Manager assigned to those projects for successful implementation
- Participate in meetings and coordinate with staff to develop, implement, and refine efficient operational procedures and processes
- Participate in weekly trade scheduling meetings and take minutes and distribute weekly
- Participate in all assigned weekly community meetings and keep minutes and distribute to attendees
Key Responsibilities - Hypervision Schedule and Resource Loading:
- Assist with the creating, maintaining, and distribution of scheduling reports including lot construction status, lot construction forecasts, trade partner performance, lot starts, and lot completion reportsReview, evaluate, and recommend changes to scheduling tools in Hypervision
- Assist with the creation of standard status, forecast, and performance reportsAssist in the resolution of open work orders and variance purchase orders on completed activities and lots
Key Responsibilities - Permitting:
- Assist with creating, submitting, organizing permits surrounding the project
- Review process for loading Mark Systems schedule template to weekly lot releases
- Review, evaluate, and recommend changes to permitting tools in Kernel
- Coordinate with municipalities and staff to simplify, standardize, and expedite permit applications and inspections
Key Responsibilities - Reporting:
- As requested by the Regional Director of Operations, to include distribution
Key Responsibilities - Specific Role Duties:
- Assist with pre development services, Including scheduling, estimating, specifications, site reviews, phasing, etc.
- Attend customer meetings and assist RDO In preparation for the meetings
- Establish and continually build relationships with horizontal and vertical trades
- Help to “troubleshoot” scheduling issues in communities
- Promote a culture of celebrating success, yet also celebrating failures (which promote the theme of “continual improvement”) and learning from our mistakes
- 4-year degree
- Strong reputation, relationships with local trades and subcontractors
- 5 years of local trade experience
- Experience managing construction production scheduling, from foundations through
- Final Inspection
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, a generous number of company holidays.
Company work-environment philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.