Construction Project Manager
Austin, TX /
Construction Operations /
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
The Construction Project Manager reports to the Regional Director of Operations and is responsible for the management and oversight of the build out process for new and existing communities within their assigned market. The Project Manager manages multiple projects, Construction Managers/Assistants, and proactively oversees the relationships of our trade base within their market. The Project Manager serves as the point person for dealing with and managing all aspects of horizontal and vertical scheduling for the site and assists with expediting whenever possible. Finally, the Project Manager is responsible for several key performance indicators including cost, quality and production schedule, employee, and trade performance.
*The Construction Project Manager must be able to navigate job sites and comply with all company safety requirements.
*The Construction Project Manager position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Additionally, heavy equipment may be used, and the Construction Project Manager must be able to lift heavy objects when needed.
*The Construction Project Manager must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Tech savvy – able to learn, adjust to and implement new and evolving technical tools and programs
- Acutely customer-focused - take the time to understand the needs of our trade partners and stakeholders
- Able to proactively identify issues and concerns as early as possibleHighly dependable, reliable, and trustworthy
- Able to set priorities and stick to timelines
- Collaborative team players and culture builders
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable with data analysis and using technology to simplify work processes
- Strong leadership qualities and a values-based commitment to continuous improvement and team development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Operate with humility
- Assist with site planning, sequencing, phasing, and plotting new communities
- Perform Due Diligence/VE on all new communities within assigned market Lead/Assist the buyout process and contractual negotiations with trade partners
- Put together monthly draw packages for owners as neededAssist in horizontal development review/VE and coordination with Engineer; assure horizontal coordination with vertical buildAssist with development/VE of vertical product in coordination with consultants, trades, and purchasing
- Coordinate internal resources as required for executing the blueprint for each assigned project
- Manage resource allocation to ensure completion of all our home builds across the assigned market to minimize downtime
- Ensure quality and control costs
- Review project scopes and change orders - communicate with all other team leads as needed
- Ensure scoped work follows company standards and quality standards
- Monitor and track the progress of communities in a detailed manner utilizing Kernel, Hypervision, Asana, etc.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs within your market
- Oversee all trade relationships/performance within the assigned market
- Ensures workplace safety standards and practices are upheldEnsure SWPPP permit is in place and monitored
- Responsible for hiring and assisting in training of Land Superintendents, Construction Managers, Assistant Construction Managers, and Detailers/Laborers Oversee training on process/procedures and implementation of company initiativesIdentify training opportunities/needs
- Set goals and holds team members accountable for results
- Ensure that team members all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Provide input relative to the continued development of Mosaic homebuilding proprietary software
- Maintain and grow the incredible culture of Mosaic and maintain a blameless environment focused on the issues, not the team
- Promote a culture of celebrating success, yet also celebrating failures (which promote the theme of “continuous improvement”) and learning from mistakes
It is imperative to be aware of the key metrics in the assigned communities, to include yet not limited to:
- Direct costs per plan and trending of costs
- Cycle times
- Community overheads as a % of revenue
- Checklist completion for each stage of construction
- Own the close out process of each phase and project
- Warranty open tickets and aging
- 10+ years of experience with a deep understanding of the construction industry
- Strong reputation, relationships, and rolodex across the local trades and subcontractor communities
- Experience in SFD, BTR/horizontal apartment type horizontal and vertical construction, and high-density development Is critical
- Strong experience managing complex communities and overseeing project managers successfully from start to finish
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO and a generous number of company holidays.
Company work-environment philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.