Land Project Manager
Phoenix, AZ /
Construction Operations /
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
The Land Development Project Manager is responsible for project management of the development projects within a market to develop raw land for home and amenities construction in new communities. The role is responsible for managing vendors and contractors through constant, effective communication, also providing performance feedback as appropriate. The Land Development Project Manager will coordinate the entire project through all aspects of the development project – scheduling vendors and contractors at appropriate times and ensuring work is aligned with the plans – in addition to managing project budgets. The LD-PM reports to the market Regional Director of Operations. The LD-PM has "dotted-lone" responsibility to the Regional Director of Land Development.
- Review and understand all civil improvement plans, geotechnical evaluations, landscape plans and project specifications necessary to deliver finished lots to enable construction of a home.
- Implement and oversee all aspects of the development and scheduling process for infrastructure installation, including the preparation of home construction lots, model home and project landscaping, parks, and amenities construction.
- Meet with jurisdictional officials during the installation and inspection of civil construction, infrastructure, home construction lots, landscaping, hardscaping, irrigation systems, signage, and parks and amenities.
- Ensure project schedule and critical path sequence is accurate and up to date, including Identifying and reporting delays.
- Track and communicate key projected milestones to relevant internal departments and relevant external stakeholders (including city officials, engineering/utility consultants, utility companies, contractors, etc.).
- Assist team that may be working with civil engineers as needed for plan clarification and revisions.
- Assist in managing the bid, review, and award process.
- Work directly with subcontractor’s office and field personnel.
- Develop contract scope of works and pay-scales for bidding.
- Assemble appropriate documents and plans for bid packages.
- Calculate quantities from construction plans for budgeting and bidding.
- Review and understand land development contracts awarded to subcontractors for development projects.
- Manage all ongoing site issues requiring interface with superintendents as applies to infrastructure installation, maintaining “As-Built” plans, drainage plans, home building lot issues, landscaping and hardscaping improvements, and maintenance.
- Oversee, review, and approve field purchase orders.
- Track current market pricing for budget development and identify budget shortfalls.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and national codes, ordinances, and regulations as well as company policy.
- Interface with other departments to ensure constant communication regarding timing, design elements, access pertaining to project land development status, and other landscaping and common area hardscape improvements.
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience with civil construction, landscaping, irrigation systems, and/or training hardscape installation and maintenance.
- Proficient in scheduling software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via Mosaic applications.
- Proficient with MS Office and email.
- The Land Development Project Manager must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, time off and a generous number of company holidays.
Company work-environment philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.