Dallas, TX /
Construction Operations /
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
As a member of the Construction Operations team, you will play a key role in validating and maintaining the integrity of our system’s data. You will work cross functionally to research and gather information needed to establish accurate housing budgets and optimized purchasing data. This effort will involve refining current processes and procedures and the implementation of new methodology to support the company’s growth plans.
** We are looking for candidates with demonstrated Purchasing experience in the Dallas, Austin and/or Northwest Florida markets.**
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Persistent - Constantly seeking ways to identity and resolve root cause issues
- Eager to learn
- Tech savvy
- Strong written and verbal communicators
- Team players
- Review current purchasing contracts to ensure system data matches awarded bids
- Manage vendor, contractor and subcontractor relationships including negotiating contracts, resolving grievances, and ensuring a competent contractor and subcontract force in the market
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials
- Review, evaluate and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bidsIdentify and implement improved and/or cost-effective methods and materials
- Participate in the architectural VE process along with shell trades
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Organize project information for optimal workflow
- Prepare and organize budget estimates for customer projects identified through the growth team
- Create builder specifications and documentation for scopes of work for requested builder clients
- Promote internal communication between purchasing and construction teams
- Facilitate communication of plans and product changes between division purchasing, architecture, sales, vendors, subcontractors and operations and coordinate pricing adjustments as needed
- Communicate product changes to customers, operations teams and subcontractors as well as coordinate pricing adjustments as needed
- Research trades and follow-up on the effectiveness, response times, services, performance, and workload in order to hire and retain the best subcontractors
- Manage all contract documents including the preparation of plans and documentation for bid process; verify accuracy and completeness of all documents
- Generate spreadsheets from complete and accurate bids that reflect each trades respective scopes-of-work
- Re-bid/re-negotiate contracts with vendors once pricing has expired or an increase is requested
- Research and provide analysis and thorough back-up information as to why increases are necessary and must be applied
- Review trade payments for accuracy and research any payment discrepancies
- Personnel management of team members
- Bachelor’s or technical education preferred
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working in a Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Manager role with residential construction builders
- Strong familiarity with blueprints and construction documents
- Demonstrated experience bidding out all vertical trades and awarding contracts for multiple production build communities
- Experience with project management/ERP software programs; MarkSystems a plus
- Experience working with Google Workspace
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO, and a generous number of company holidays.
Company work-environment philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
EEO Statement The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.