Sales Development Representative
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2018, Mr Yum is an ordering, payments and growth platform used by leading hospitality and entertainment venues around the globe.
We’ve experienced huge business growth over the past 12 months. Having expanded to the UK and US and now used by more than 1500 venues around the world, our industry-leading functionality and focus on customer success has seen Mr Yum adopted in all types of venues, from cafes and pubs to stadiums, concert venues and airports.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to continue to scale the business by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers.
Our mission is to create the best growth toolkit for hospitality and entertainment in the world. This toolkit is more than just QR code ordering but encompasses a suite of features, including payments, loyalty, marketing and customer insights.
Named LinkedIn’s #4 Top Startups 2021, our team now comprises more than 100 kind and driven humans working out of the Melbourne HQ, Sydney, Brisbane, Los Angeles, London and the Philippines.
And we’re just getting started.
About The Role
The Sales Development team is key to the success of Mr Yum.
Reporting to Venue Partnerships, the role sees you engaging and networking with a variety of venues across different categories. Working closely with our Venue Partnerships team, you’ll be setting up inbound leads for demos and executing outreach campaigns to target specific types of venues.
Your responsibilities will include prospecting using all the latest tools, as well as old favourites like calls, emails and LinkedIn. You will be attending industry events and keeping up to date with market challenges, opportunities and news. Mr Yum believes first impressions last, so in many cases you will be the first contact our customers have with us! We take this role very seriously and provide extensive and ongoing coaching and training by people who have done this before and understand what is needed to be successful.
- Qualify inbound enquiries and, if they meet our criteria, arrange a meeting with a member of our Venue Partnerships team
- Participate in strategic outreach campaigns, targeting highly segmented categories
- Learn and understand our customers' unique situations, and establish if Mr Yum is of value to them
- Maintain a healthy and active pipeline
- Contribute to market intelligence, team learning and coaching
- Work with other internal teams on strategic projects in line with company initiatives or new areas of growth
- Keep up to date on the latest capabilities internally and market changes externally
If we'd worked with you in the past 6 weeks, you would have...
- Supported sales opportunities with International Hotel groups, Airports and Shopping centres
- Talked to industry leaders at a major Hospitality networking event
- Seen us launch a huge raft of product updates and new capabilities
- Watched 6 new people join the team
- Spoken with a large number of prospective customers, all keen to understand more about Mr Yum
- B2B sales experience
- Proven track record of leading by example with your own sales results
- Preferably a strong understanding of the hospitality and/or entertainment industries
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Experience with managing deals and pipelines in sales CRM's
Nice To Have
- Ideally have experience in similar new business roles
- Have demonstrable cold call, prospecting, networking, lead and pipeline management experience
- Be confident on the phone and in person with new people
- Will be a self starter that appreciates anything inbound, but understands outbound activity is required in this role
- You understand the need for resilience is part of your week, and are happy to get stuck in
- You are looking for opportunities to further your sales career by making an impact in this role, learning from people who have done this before and joining a company that is on a rapid growth trajectory
- You will have a humble, self improvement mindset and love the idea that as part of a high performing team you will contribute to the expansion of the Mr Yum community
Why Mr Yum?
We live and breathe our team mantras - Think 10x, Here To Serve, Run Towards the Fire and Numbers Over Hype - and we’re so proud of the culture we’ve built.
Work with impact and purpose. We’re helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and Mr Yum is at the forefront of this technological transformation. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve.
Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You’ll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment, think 10x and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way.
Work that challenges you. We’re growing quickly, and you will too. You’ll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as Mr Yum expands and scales globally.
Work that works for you. We’re a flexible, remote-friendly place with unlimited leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team’s mental health & overall wellbeing, with a no-questions-asked approach to mental health days and access to support programs.
Benefits & Perks…
- A flexible, remote-friendly work environment where people can enjoy a mix of WFH and in-office collaboration
- Employee share option plan
- The best new equipment to set you up for success
- Free access to online mental health & wellbeing resources the ability to connect with local therapists and counsellors
- Quarterly recognition program
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.