Sales Development Representative
Hi, we're Mr Yum!
Hospitality and entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.
The past 12 months have seen an astronomical 27x business growth for us. We're now at over 100 full-time staff, hundreds of millions in transactions, and over 10M global users (click here for more!)
Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups, all the way to boutique hotels and family-run cafes and restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 100 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Los Angeles, London and The Philippines.
About The Role
The Sales Development team is key to the success of Mr Yum.
Reporting to Venue Partnerships, the role sees you engaging and networking with a variety of venues across different categories. Working closely with our Venue Partnerships team, you’ll be setting up inbound leads for demos and executing outreach campaigns to target specific types of venues.
Your responsibilities will include prospecting using all the latest tools, as well as old favourites like calls, emails and LinkedIn. You will be attending industry events and keeping up to date with market challenges, opportunities and news. Mr Yum believes first impressions last, so in many cases you will be the first contact our customers have with us! We take this role very seriously and provide extensive and ongoing coaching and training by people who have done this before and understand what is needed to be successful.
- Qualify inbound enquiries and, if they meet our criteria, arrange a meeting with a member of our Venue Partnerships team
- Participate in strategic outreach campaigns, targeting highly segmented categories
- Learn and understand our customers' unique situations, and establish if Mr Yum is of value to them
- Maintain a healthy and active pipeline
- Contribute to market intelligence, team learning and coaching
- Work with other internal teams on strategic projects in line with company initiatives or new areas of growth
- Keep up to date on the latest capabilities internally and market changes externally
If we'd worked with you in the past 6 weeks, you would have...
- Supported sales opportunities with International Hotel groups, Airports and Shopping centres
- Talked to industry leaders at a major Hospitality networking event
- Seen us launch a huge raft of product updates and new capabilities
- Watched 6 new people join the team
- Spoken with a large number of prospective customers, all keen to understand more about Mr Yum
- B2B sales experience
- Proven track record of leading by example with your own sales results
- Preferably a strong understanding of the hospitality and/or entertainment industries
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Experience with managing deals and pipelines in sales CRM's
Nice To Have
- Ideally have experience in similar new business roles
- Have demonstrable cold call, prospecting, networking, lead and pipeline management experience
- Be confident on the phone and in person with new people
- Will be a self starter that appreciates anything inbound, but understands outbound activity is required in this role
- You understand the need for resilience is part of your week, and are happy to get stuck in
- You are looking for opportunities to further your sales career by making an impact in this role, learning from people who have done this before and joining a company that is on a rapid growth trajectory
- You will have a humble, self improvement mindset and love the idea that as part of a high performing team you will contribute to the expansion of the Mr Yum community
Why Mr Yum?
Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined existed, in a fast-paced growth environment. We work with impact, surrounded by amazing people who love what they do.
Mr Yum offers a flexible working environment with the option to take extra unpaid leave and day-to-day work times to suit your routine.
All employees have the opportunity to become 'owners' of Mr Yum by participating in our competitive employee share option plan.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.