Koji Venture Capital Summer Internship
Brisbane, QLD /
Koji – Koji /
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
Applications close: 3rd December
Offers made: On a rolling basis
Internship starts: 17th January 2022
Internship finishes: 11th February 2022
$30 AUD + Super
Please refer to our [Mycelium Internship Page] for a comprehensive overview of the program and what we are looking for.
Koji Capital is a Venture Capital firm cultivating community. They are the Venture arm of Mycelium investing in early-stage projects enriching the Web 3.0 ecosystem and building on the cutting edge of blockchain technology. The crypto industry moves at a rapid pace, and a successful venture team has the agility to move with the tide and anticipate changes in the marketplace. There is a lot of noise, a lot of potential, and a lot of risk. The Koji Capital portfolio demonstrates the team's consistent ability to navigate the market terrain and invest in the most promising projects the disruptive industry has to offer.
- Perform comprehensive due diligence reports on potential investable opportunities for Koji
- Develop conviction in your viewpoints, whilst also demonstrating open-mindedness to conflicting ideas, viewpoints and data
- Confidently present your findings to the team with the ability to rationalise your conclusions in healthy debates
- Remain on the pulse of a rapidly-evolving industry
- Conduct in-depth and discerning research on market interactions, trends, and emerging protocols
- Have the curiosity and passion to learn about this rapidly-evolving sector
- Display intellectual tact that allows you to problem solve, analyse with insight, and make compelling arguments
- Eloquent, concise and confident written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive off pursuing new ideas, debating your thoughts and constantly iterating on your world outlook
- Analytical and critical thinker with the ability to contextualise and distill elaborate and intricate problems within broader narratives
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- Confident in self-direction of tasks, time-management and prioritisation
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.