Sydney, NSW /
Reputation – Reputation /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
For a full overview of this role please see our careers page here.
We are looking for a DeFi native UX/UI designer to help us create an exceptional customer experience. We want designers who are deep in web3 and DeFi and who can come in and hit the ground running. You will be a key member of the team and will be given ownership in the project to reflect this.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
- Develop an understanding of our users and their needs through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualisation
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers involved in the end-to-end design process - from research and ideation to implementation and iteration
- Influence and shape how we we go about our work, ship product and drive the product roadmap
- DeFi or Web3 experience. If you do not have experience you need to have a strong portfolio and a very intimate understanding of the space.
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- A mastery of your craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge
- Collaborate effectively with other functions, including engineering and product
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Figma and Adobe CC
Why would you want to work here?
🦾 You will contribute to building something that creates extreme value for DeFi and is on the frontier of new technology
⚙️ You will be solving novel, energising design problems every day
💵 We pay competitive salaries and will allocate equity ownership in the project - we want every employee to have skin in the game and act like a founder
🧠 You will have the opportunity to learn from and work next to other exceptionally intelligent people
🚀 Joining at this stage, you will help us shape:
👨👩👧👦 Our future team culture
🎨 Our design practices
🙋🏻♂️ The people that we hire
🖼️ The direction of our branding
🔮 Our company is like no other:
🧑🏼🍳 Our chef will provide Breakfast and Dinners (Brisbane office)
🏋🏾♀️ We provide an in-house sports scientist available every day and weekly physio sessions (Brisbane Office)
🍻 We have free drinks in the office on a Friday night and our events team regularly schedules special company events (Brisbane office)
💰 Our compensation policy enables exceptional performers to rise up extremely fast
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.