Marketing and Communications Lead
Brisbane, QLD /
Reputation – Reputation /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
We want you to create and manage Reputation marketing and communications. We want you to build a community and generate strong interest from the broader DeFi community. We want you to craft an overall strategy and execute it by creating high-quality content across all social media channels. We want you to build out the marketing and communications function for Reputation. Please see our careers page for more information on this role.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
- Create and manage Reputations marketing plan and a regular, high-quality and data-driven communications pipeline
- Create and manage a pipeline for high quality content to be regularly distributed via Mycelium’s and Reputations media channels
- Manage communications distributed by the Mycelium team
- Create and manage brand tone & voice standards for public profiles communicating on behalf of Reputation.
- Create and manage content for Reputations social media accounts - and those Mycelium social media channels related to Reputation
- Build out the marketing and comms team
- 3+ years experience, displaying proven success building and managing a community in Defi
- Experience creating a marketing plan and communications pipeline
- Proven experience curating and scaling up communities on major platforms like Discord, Telegram and Twitter
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex technical subject matter and to simplify and explain it to a broader audience
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver a quality product under time-bound and high stakes circumstances
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest memes, news and discoveries in the blockchain and technology space
- Passion and strong understanding of Defi
- Experience working in Crypto, SaaS or fintech companies
- Success interacting and growing a community in a B2B facing role
- Management experience
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
1. You will contribute to building something that creates extreme value for Defi and literally changes the world - Realising our strategic vision will create significant value for society
2. You will be solving novel, complicated and challenging problems every day
3. We pay competitive salaries and will allocate equity ownership in the project - we want every employee to have skin in the game and act like a founder
4. You will have the opportunity to learn from and work next to other exceptionally intelligent people
5. Joining at this stage, you will help us shape:
- Our future team culture
- Our marketing practices
- The people that we hire
- The direction and focus of our products
6. Our company is like no other:
- Our chef will provide Breakfast and Dinners
- We provide an in-house sports scientist available every day and weekly physio sessions
- We have free drinks in the office on a Friday night and our events team regularly schedules special company events
- Our open-source compensation policy enables exceptional performers to rise up extremely fast
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.