Mycelium Legal Summer Internship
Brisbane, QLD /
Mycelium – Legal /
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
Mycelium Legal Team
Mycelium Legal is a close-knit group of seasoned commercial, tax, corporate, employment, and intellectual property lawyers. Mycelium Legal advises the business on complex commercial agreements, funds management, domestic and international taxation, employment, regulatory and intellectual property matters. We are actively involved in the core projects of the business. Mycelium Legal is at the cutting edge of legal thought in the blockchain industry. We are fundamentally engaged in regulatory, legal, and compliance matters across the blockchain diaspora.
Mycelium is seeking a legal intern for the 2022 summer to join its in-house legal team. You will be working closely with Mycelium’s various projects and will gain first-hand exposure to what it's like to operate in a world-class legal department. You will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in the blockchain industry today to help us shape the De-Fi regulatory framework in Australia. As a decentralised organisation, this internship can be based anywhere in Australia. The specifics of this role are set out under the Requirements heading below.
- Reviewing commercial, employment and operational contracts to conduct due diligence
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Researching legislation and case law in respect to matters of employment law, contracts law, corporate law and international law
- Maintaining the legal team calendar by entering and updating legal deadlines and meetings
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities, reading legal publications, maintaining personal networks, etc.
- Enhancing the company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Penultimate year student studying a Bachelor of Laws (essential)
- GPA of 5.5 or higher
- 1+ years experience working in a legal practice
- We do not require blockchain experience and knowledge, that’s something we’re offering you. But a genuine interest in the blockchain industry and ecosystem doesn’t hurt!
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
Key Dates and Salary
- Key Dates
- Applications close: 3 December 2021
- Offers made: On a rolling basis
- Internship starts: 17 January 2022
- Internship finishes: 11 February 2022
- Hourly Rate
- $30 AUD + Super
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.