QA Engineer (blockchain)
Austin, TX /
Tracer DAO – Software Engineering /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
As the team continues to expand, we are looking for a QA Engineer, who will work with both the Product and Software Development teams.
The QA Engineer will understand BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) well enough to be an advocate within the Product team and help formalise requirements in a structure/syntax that the Development team can use as basis for generating acceptable feature tests. The QA Engineer will also need to be code-aware enough to validate that written tests are correctly implementing the equivalent of what the Product team has defined and will be charged with ensuring these are included within automation tooling for QA as part of an overall automated deployments workflow.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
- Be an active participant in Discovery and Planning meetings within Product and Software development in refining and identifying edge-case scenario examples for proposed features to the various Tracer product streams.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to validate work completed, with a strong emphasis on using automation where possible to scale efforts and reduce time to complete testing, either via code techniques to solve technical challenges, or via process improvements that assist in shortening the test cycle.
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to automation tools that address specific needs
- Clearly communicate newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure
- Execute and maintain automated test assets to ensure the desired level of quality and test coverage
- Execute testing and ensure results are recorded in the appropriate system and defects are identified and managed
- Design, code, verify and tests complex programs/scripts
- A strong contributor to overall automation framework designs to ensure effective automation scenarios are built and maintained
- Initiate methods to improve overall testing
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans/test suites in a fast-paced feature changing environment
- Experience testing features that are being A/B tested
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to quickly learn new areas and related testing work
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures and multi-threading concepts
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Prior experience with manual testing
- Experience working in code repository & version control tools such as Git
- Experience in API test automation
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Create Test Plan and schedule test phases to ensure that consensus is reached regarding all test efforts required for delivery
- Experience working in Scrum teams, participating in sprint ceremonies
- Availability to have a minimum of 4 of your daily work hours fall between 8am - 7pm AEST
- Competitive remuneration
- Mentorship from team members who have worked in the Blockchain industry for years
- Flexible working hours
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.