Sydney, NSW /
Reputation – Reputation /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
For an overview of this role please see our careers page here. For more information on what we are building please see here and here. Mycelium Reputation is a service provider to the Reputation DAO.
Reputation DAO is:
Building a transparent, open and privacy focused reputation system.
Providing reputation scores, models and visualisations as a neutral service for application users and builders.
Democratising reputation and credit systems through a DAO based voting structure.
Enabling people to reliably understand which open financial applications, vendors or networks they may want to trust and use.
We want you to build and deliver a world-class product. You will take agency over the product and the business in general. You will own every aspect of product development. You will build something valuable and leave a special legacy behind.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
🚀 Your Mission
- Develop and drive a 12 month strategy, vision and roadmap for new verticals for Reputation to expand into
- Build a reputation governance ecosystem in the next 12 months
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and the desires of DeFi users. You will become a DeFi expert - if something happens in DeFi, you're the first person to know about it
- Work intimately with the Engineering Team Lead to prioritise, roadmap and scope work
- Own the processes and documentation associated with Agile product development
- Define, track and own success metrics to measure the impact of the product
- Iteratively develop core positioning, messaging and go-to-market and pricing strategies for our products
- Take agency over product development - research, write specs, create prototypes and wireframes for new products
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders - Chainlink, Arbitrum, Discord community, etc
- Proficiency using project management tools (Jira, Monday, Notion, etc)
- Able to work with XD/Figma and other similar tools
- Experience building fast-growing, world-class products
- 2+ years of Product Management experience in a similar role
- A technical background, ideally previous experience as a developer
- You have experience managing competing priorities across new features, iterative improvement, manage tech/operational debt and scalability
- You’re excellent at driving outcomes and filling gaps where it’s needed to ensure the success of the product
- You always think of the big picture, and analyse what is the most important for the company to ensure the team is working on the highest impact work
- You are excellent at translating complex, technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Why would you want to work here?
🦾 You will contribute to building something that creates extreme value for DeFi and is on the frontier of new technology
⚙️ You will be solving novel, energising design problems every day
💵 We pay competitive salaries and will allocate equity ownership in the project - we want every employee to have skin in the game and act like a founder
🧠 You will have the opportunity to learn from and work next to other exceptionally intelligent people
🚀 Joining at this stage, you will help us shape:
👨👩👧👦 Our future team culture
🎨 Our product practices
🙋🏻♂️ The people that we hire
🖼️ The direction of our branding
🔮 Our company is like no other:
🧑🏼🍳 Our chef will provide Breakfast and Dinners (Brisbane office)
🏋🏾♀️ We provide an in-house sports scientist available every day and weekly physio sessions (Brisbane Office)
🍻 We have free drinks in the office on a Friday night and our events team regularly schedules special company events (Brisbane office)
💰 Our compensation policy enables exceptional performers to rise up extremely fast
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.