Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
Brisbane, QLD /
Mycelium – Finance /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
This is a new role within the Finance and Accounting team. As an FP&A Accountant, you will be reporting into the Head of Finance & Accounting. You will partner with various team leads in the business to solve problems and provide insights through the use of data/financial modelling. This role is focussed on adding value by supporting the various business lines and in managing expenditure.
- Build relationships with team leads whilst providing financial planning and commercial analytical support.
- Produce weekly and monthly analysis of business performance against budgets/forecasts.
- Regularly monitor and update budgets/forecasts as required.
- Support the annual budget process in liaising with team leads in developing appropriate budgets. Update the annual budget in the process.
- Preparation of monthly summary presentations to senior management and team leads.
- Contribute to the development of internal dashboards/KPIs.
- Support the Finance and Accounting team on querying results and variance analysis.
- Other work as required from time to time to assist the Finance and Accounting team.
- University degree in relevant accounting, business or commerce discipline
- 3-5 years experience in financial accounting or management accounting (highly desirable)
- CA / CPA Qualification (highly desirable)
- Genuine interest in the blockchain industry and understanding of the ecosystem
- A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Proactive and focused on process improvement
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to work autonomously and take ownership with little supervision
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.