Sydney, NSW /
Mycelium Reputation – Node /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to reimagine trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and team members in London, Dallas and New York.
Mycelium Node (formerly known as Secure Data Links), is seeking a software engineer to join its team as a DevOps Engineer. Mycelium Node is a Chainlink verified node, and one of its most performant. As a member of the Mycelium Node team, you will get to be involved in various exciting projects.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
- Work closely with the Mycelium Node team to continue to improve our deployment, monitoring and failover systems
- Join our on call team to ensure our infrastructure maintains its high-uptime requirements
- Development of new infrastructure supporting the growth of the company
- Work as part of an agile team
- Learn, research, document and innovate as you go
- Communicate directly with the Chainlink Team
- Manage and upkeep millions of dollars with of transactions
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms - Google Cloud Platform preferred
- Experience managing high uptime infrastructure
- An understanding of blockchain technology, and specifically Ethereum is preferred
- Experience with database maintenance and management (Postgres)
- Ability to operate independently and willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
- Experience with Git and standard git workflows
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD (CircleCI) pipelines, including image deployment on to Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Go is appreciated but not at all required
- 2-3 years software development experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the financial tech space, specifically Blockchain and Ethereum
- Availability to have a minimum of 4 of your daily work hours fall between 8am - 7pm AEST
- Competitive remuneration
- Mentorship from team members who have worked in the Blockchain industry for years
- Flexible working hours
Mycelium is the holding company for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium is the creator of a Chainlink verified node, the Chainlink Oracle Reputation service, an early-stage investment fund, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'reimagine trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.