Sydney, NSW /
Reputation – Reputation /
Remote - Full-Time
Mycelium is a rapidly expanding network that is looking for driven and talented individuals to Reimagine Trust. We are a collective of software engineers, data scientists, economists and creatives, whom are committed to the future of a decentralised web. Our efforts focus on two distinct areas: data and finance. Mycelium is a globally distributed company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and team members in London, Lisbon, Helsinki, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Toronto, Montréal, Dallas, Chicago, Austin and New York.
We want you to build and deliver a world-class product. To make Reputation an open standard and public good. To take agency over the product and the business in general. Work across different departments to deliver results. Source and hire excellent candidates to join the team. Take ownership of every aspect of product development. Build something valuable and leave a special legacy behind.
As a decentralised organisation, this role can be based anywhere in the world. See specifics in Requirements. #LI-Remote
- Build exceptional products that become open standards and contribute enormous value to the ecosystem
- Develop a 12 month strategy, vision and roadmap for new verticals for Reputation to expand into
- Build a reputation governance ecosystem in the next 12 months
- Drive forward our product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and the desires of DeFi users. You will become a DeFi expert - if something happens in DeFi, you're the first person to know about it
- Work intimately with the Engineering Team Lead to prioritise, roadmap and scope work
- Own the processes and documentation associated with Agile product development
- Define, track and own success metrics to measure the impact of the product
- Iteratively develop core positioning, messaging and go-to-market and pricing strategies for our products
- Marry both qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions, with a desire to explore unconventional solutions and approaches
- Take agency over product development - research, write specs, create prototypes and wireframes for new products
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders - Chainlink, Arbitrum, Discord community, etc
- Proficiency using project management tools (Jira, Monday, Notion, etc)
- Outstanding communication skills - can distill complex topics to simplicity
- Able to work with XD/Figma and other similar tools
- Industry experience or has worked in startups
- Experience building and shipping world-class products
- 2+ years of Product Management experience in a similar role
- You are passionate about Defi and committed to reimagining trust and Reputation
- A technical background, ideally previous experience as a developer
- You have experience managing competing priorities across new features, iterative improvement, manage tech/operational debt and scalability
- You’re excellent at driving outcomes and filling gaps where it’s needed to ensure the success of the product
- You always think of the big picture, and analyse what is the most important for the company to ensure the team is working on the highest impact work
- You are excellent at translating complex, technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Competitive remuneration with additional incentives tied to project performance
- Working alongside industry experts
- Flexible working hours
- Building something for the future instead of iterating on yesterday's mistakes
Mycelium is the network substrate for a host of growth-stage projects, each focusing on unique and challenging problems. Composed predominantly of software engineers, economists and creatives, Mycelium knows the impact of Web3 will be profound and irreversibly change our future. Mycelium built and operate a highly performant Chainlink verified node, created Reputation DAO, an early-stage investment fund Koji Capital, and is engaged by Tracer DAO to build Tracer. Mycelium is committed to reimagining trust in a new era of individualism.
Our mission is to 'Reimagine Trust'. In order to reimagine trust, one must begin by reimagining transparency. We believe that the future of corporate practice is for entities to become radically transparent.
We are innovation maximalists looking to build on the cutting edge of technology with global solutions. Everything about Mycelium - from its products and services to its management of people and workflows - has innovation sewn into it.
Freedom is the value which secures the meaningful expression of all others. To operate freely in the world and not jerk to the strings of another is axiomatic. There is no life without freedom, at least not one worth living.
Freedom is the right to walk in any direction; independence is choosing the right direction. To blaze a trail with an independence of thought and purpose is something that few have the courage to do. To walk independently is the greatest of privileges.
Strong individuals can be great, but strong communities can be greater still. Choosing the right community will determine how fully you abide by these values. Never underestimate the power of a community who shares the same North Star.