Sales Development Representative
US - Remote /
Business Development /
Who is NCX?
- The trusted, number one provider of American-made forest carbon credits
- Rapidly growing and backed by top investors including Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, Union Square Ventures, Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund, and Version One Ventures. We’ve already doubled in size once this year and are on track for another doubling before the end of the year.
- Creating tangible impact in communities across the US: see what our Landowners and Business partners say about us.
Our technology enables net-zero pioneers like Microsoft to pay landowners to delay timber harvests. Together, we’ve generated an expected climate impact of 600,000 MTCO2e in the first half of 2021 alone. Join us in shaping the future of forestry and climate economics and see what the world is saying about us.
Create a Massive Impact
We’re democratizing access to forest carbon markets and fighting climate change - that’s no small feat. But our ambition doesn’t stop there.
Up next: wildlife habitats, fire risk reduction, water resources, and more. We are building new economic mechanisms to fully and fairly value forests.
At NCX, you will have a massive impact on shaping our growth, culture, and product to best serve our customers all while combating climate change.
Do the Best Work of Your Life
NCX’s business development team is looking for a results oriented and organized individual to join our fast growing team. You will assist the Head of Business Development and other sales team members by identifying potential target accounts, conducting initial outbound outreach, qualification of potential leads, and responding quickly to inbound leads. You are a team player who is ready and eager to learn all aspects of the NCX product and market landscape as well as partner with the marketing team on lead generation activities. You are willing to roll-up your sleeves, iterate quickly, and help shape the systems, processes and culture of our team.
What You'll Do
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond to and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Work closely with the business development and marketing teams to continuously improve demand generation processes and best practices
Sound Like You?
- 1+ year of previous sales or client-facing experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely well-organized, experience using modern sales tools (CRM, email outreach tools)
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in and continually grow in a fast paced, team environment Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to understand customer needs
- Help to deliver an above-and-beyond sales experience through phone, email, and in-person communication
- Passionate about tackling climate change
- Hubspot experience a plus
Taking Care of Your Future
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options
Generous Time Off and Perks
- 20 vacation days 15 company holidays
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual in-person All Hands meetings
Setting You Up for Success
- 100% fully remote workforce
- Laptop of your choice
- $1,000 budget for home office set up
- Co-working space membership (WeWork etc.)
NCX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.