San Francisco, CA
Finance & Accounting /
Full Time /
Nimble is a robotics and AI startup founded from the AI labs at Stanford and Carnegie Mellon. We’re pioneering the way robots learn to grasp and manipulate any object.
Our ultimate goal is to enable the dark warehouse, a fully automated eCommerce fulfillment center with swarms of intelligent, cloud-connected robots to enable affordable same-day fulfillment for every retailer, large and small. In the process we aim to create one of the world’s most valuable robotics companies.
We’re backed by the world’s most prestigious investors as well as AI and robotics legends like Marc Raibert (Founder of Boston Dynamics), Fei-Fei Li (Chief Scientist of AI at Google, Director of Stanford’s AI lab), and Sebastian Thrun (Founder of Google X, Waymo, Kitty Hawk, and Udacity)!
Nimble's Core Values:
1) Be relentlessly resourceful - Find a way to make the impossible, possible. Do whatever it takes.
2) Be legendary - Be the best at whatever it is that you do. Leave your mark. Motivate and inspire others.
3) Be humble - Leave your ego behind. Have a growth mindset. Learn and improve yourself every day.
4) Be dependable - Take ownership and deliver. Be loyal to your team and Nimble's mission.
As a Accountant at Nimble Robotics, you will be working amongst a lean but passionate Finance team that is responsible for the Company’s financial planning, reporting and controls, business strategy, cash management, accounting, auditing, and taxes. This role will require you to be a knowledgeable and resourceful member of the Accounting team who supports the day-to-day while working cross functionally across the organization as you support key financial processes that continually support and enable all areas of the business and its rapid growth. We are looking for a driven, reliable and self-starting Staff Accountant who works extremely well with others and wants to be part of the journey of transforming the warehouse and logistics business. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance function, including accounting, A/R, A/P, cash management, expense management, payroll, and internal controls and recordkeeping.
- Perform month-end close activities such as bank reconciliations and journal entries, including payroll allocation, stock-based compensation, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, deferred revenue, and inventory.
- Assist with financial reporting for presentation to internal leadership and external stakeholders
- Support revenue growth via new customer onboarding and contract management
- Manage vendor onboarding, invoice import, review and payment processes
- Assist in the formation of internal controls and policies
- Be on the lookout for broken processes throughout the Finance function and seek to improve continuously by identifying opportunities for standardization, automation and outsourcing.
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analyses as assigned
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license or actively on track to obtain licensure
- Solid foundation of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Uncanny organizational skills and the ability to drive to solve complex problems every day
- Expert multitasker and self-prioritizer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively both within the Finance department and cross-functionally
- Strives for excellence but solves for the bigger picture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with any of the following systems: Netsuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Brex, Guideline, Carta
- Mix of public accounting and start-up experience a plus but not required
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- Familiarity with Cost Accounting Principles
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends if needed
We embrace challenges and strive to make the impossible possible each day. We’re not in this to do what’s easy or to be mediocre. We want to create something legendary and leave our mark on the world. We’re ambitious, we’re gritty, we’re humble and we’re relentlessly resourceful in pursuit of our goals. If this sounds like you then you might be a great fit!
Nimble Robotics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local laws.
Enjoy the time you need to travel, rejuvenate, and connect with friends and family.
Nimble provides medical, dental, and vision insurance through several premier plans and options to support you and your family.
Paid Parental Leave
Enjoy paid bonding time following a birth.
Take the stress out of commuting with access to fully-paid parking spots.
Nimble offers employees reimbursements to invest in their health and fitness.
Snacks and Drinks
Enjoy unlimited free snacks and drinks in select offices
Get a cash bonus for any friend or colleagues that you refer to us that we end up hiring.
Contribute towards a 401k for retirement planning.
Annual Team Retreat
Once or twice a year, join the entire company for a trip to pause work, relax and have fun as a team in destinations like Tahoe and Vegas.
Be an owner in Nimble through our equity program