Senior Product Manager - Ottawa
Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest-growing technology company. We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, Guess, and Jelly Belly.
The tenet of our culture has been ‘People First’ from Day 1. Our Employee Satisfaction Survey scores have consistently been the highest in our city year over year and we're always striving on being better!
Noibu is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. Product Management at Noibu is a hands-on role and we are looking for a person who knows what needs to get done and then takes care of it. As Product Manager, you are the glue that unites all aspects of our platform under a single, cohesive vision. In this role, you will face technical and innovation challenges as you seek to find the optimal balance between the needs of our business and the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
What you'll be doing
- Work with cross-functional product development squads composed of engineers and product design.
- Speak with customers often to help identify the next priority products and features our market needs.
- Track and report on product analytics, synthesizing learnings in order to strategize with VP Product on product vision and roadmap. You will be responsible for driving business metrics through the medium of product.
- Contribute to product specifications to help define feature and functionality requirements in order to scope work.
- Help ship new product features by writing user stories, feature concepts, and product requirement docs.
- Coordinate planning, building, releasing, and testing features across engineering, design, and operations.
- Become an expert on the competitive ecommerce ecosystem, and how Noibu’s platform fits into it through market research and customer discovery.
- Partner with go-to-market teams to test and grow adoption on ambitious new concepts.
You should have
- 6+ years experience as a product manager.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, you are comfortable working with and supporting stakeholders at all levels of the organization about topics that vary from operational strategy to specific tactical details.
- Proven experience driving the product roadmap for a core software product area
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Bonus points for experience in e-commerce or a high-growth startup.
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to choose the hours that work best for you.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).